Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
_41203110_leon_knight_203.jpg

:bowdown:

KinkyHitler said:
Also both sides he has played for in this league have been rather pony.

So you've attacked both our developing teenage prospects Kazim-Richards and Robinson, called the Albion "crap", and you seem to be coming in your pants at the prospect of us getting relegated and Swansea being promoted.

A great evening's work from you in this thread :clap:

Is there anyone or anything at this club you won't trash?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Originally posted by DAMANCLAY When the chips are down he aint someone you want in your team, when all is well he can be awesome.
That, sir, is a very good point. At that level, in a team near the top, the fella is more than useful. But put him up a level in a struggling team, and....well, we've all seen the result.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm confident he can score goals at this level. He's the sorta striker who needs a lot to feed on though and will struggle in a struggling team. We're looking a strikers who help the whole team ala McCammon.. My main concern is that if we go down we'll really miss him - if we'd kept him he could have got us back up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Easy 10 said:
When the chips are down he aint someone you want in your team, when all is well he can be awesome.

That, indeed, is probably it in a nutshell.

Anyway, it is annoying that he scored three, and maybe it could have worked out different for him at the Albion, but the fuss being made over Knight is quite astonishing. Whats so special about him compared to Zamora, Byrne and Nelson, or Small and Nogan for that matter?

Turkey said:
I'm confident he can score goals at this level.

We'll see. The test for Leon was not whether he could score against a team that are League 2 certainties, but whether he can do it enough week in, week out to ensure his team succeeds in a very, very tough promotion battle. That was why he was bought, that's his real benchmark of success or failure.

No pressure Leon :)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kalimantan Gull said:

Anyway, it is annoying that he scored three, and maybe it could have worked out different for him at the Albion, but the fuss being made over Knight is quite astonishing. Whats so special about him compared to Zamora, Byrne and Nelson, or Small and Nogan for that matter?

Cos some people worship the ground he walks on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kalimantan Gull said:

Zamora. Byrne. Nelson. Small. Nogan.

Now there's a selection of Albion LEGENDS who will go down in the clubs history as TRUE servants to the club. Leons not fit to lick the fetid stains from their jockstraps.

I'd probably add dear old Kevin Bremner to that list as well. He probably had less than half of Leons skill, but he was ten times the player because of his guts and his attitude. I miss those guys.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just like to say well done tonight Leon!

I knew you'd score at this level.

Thanks for the last couple of seasons and scoring THAT pen at Cardiff. I will never forget it! :clap: :clap:

Would I have you back at the club tomorrow? No. Afraid not!

but I wish you all the best for the future!

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Just seen this thread and the score etc, and you couldn't have dreamed this let alone it being reality.

Such a shame his heart was into doing that for us on a regular basis

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My take on tonights events is that I'm even more pissed off that we didn't get more than £125K for the guy.

Sure, we needed to sell him, but how many proven goalscorers come along halfway through the season at a modest price like that. Well done Kenny Jackett, that's the best £125K you will EVER spend.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
This sucks.

And the irony is that he'll be back in the Championship next season whilst we'll be desperately missing him down in League 1.

I am sad

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
"he's only 4 ft tall, he's only 4 ft tall...."

you jack b@$tard....:angry:

:salute:
he looks decent in league 1, but how sad must you be to swap lovely sussex by the sea for swansea....?

btw, wish u all a happy new year

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I believe in the league table in my own private' Albion Legends Hall of Fame' he will hold a place somewhere below George Parris but ahead of Andy Kennedy

good luck you short arse gobshite - hope you learn to behave yourself

BHA Jordan said:
Just seen this thread and the score etc, and you couldn't have dreamed this let alone it being reality.

Such a shame his heart was into doing that for us on a regular basis

This is a saddest bottom line about the whole affair.
There will be the detrators who will say "it was only MKDons" or "he put himself out, just let's see if he scores goals in a month time/in the Championship"

To my eyes, he was hopelessly badly deployed, hopelessly played out of the game, and hopelessly out of position for us.

At least MM put his foot down and proved who was boss eh? (said completely cynically)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
NMH said:
This is a saddest bottom line about the whole affair.
There will be the detrators who will say "it was only MKDons" or "he put himself out, just let's see if he scores goals in a month time/in the Championship"

To my eyes, he was hopelessly badly deployed, hopelessly played out of the game, and hopelessly out of position for us.

At least MM put his foot down and proved who was boss eh? (said completely cynically)

Totally agree. MM never gave him a chance upfront, played him up by himself and most of last year he played on the wing.

Leon has had the last laugh. MM has once again imho been made to look like an egotisical fool.
We're desperate for a striker, but sold one who scored a hat trick on debut - go figure...

Bye bye MCGhee :wave:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Im really not getting involved in this debate, as i dont really see the point, but as i live in wales, ive just seen the 3 goals on local telly news, and in all fairness from what ive seen, the opposition (M K Dons) were all over the place on all 3 of them, possibly not the greatest test that leon will come up against for the rest of the season, but having said that, i wish him well, i like many others will always remember that great day at the millenium, one of my finest footballing days !!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
dwayne said:
There's some charitable people on here!!

personally I'd like to see him break both legs on his debut!

Nice guy Dwayne what a :censored: of a comment just becuase he didnt get on with the boss here dosent mean you have to wish that on him ..:tosser:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that must be about it unless there is anyone else left to repeat (for at least the 20th time) their opinion of LK? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports