Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Leon knight is not good enough for this level.

He is a LEAGUE 1 striker and will never be any more of any less, their are plently of players who are got a one level and f***ing awful the next step up. Leon is one of those. So what, he got a hat trick against the worse team in league 1. Fantastic and good luck to him. Wait till next year when he has to play against decent, un-clumbsy defenders and he will once again turn into a petulant little child.

I wait to be flamed and people blame MM that he played him out of position ect.

How many times did MM play him out position? 5 times maybe, and only cos he couldn't find the net with a map.
When all was hunky dorey in league 1 how many times did MM fall out with leon? Not once.

When the chips are down he aint someone you want in your team, when all is well he can be awesome.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Well done Leon.

Putting into perspective he's scored goals at a standard far below the Championship and no doubt he'll score a lot more by the end of the season. 8 goals in 1 1/2 seasons in the Championship against 27 in a League 1 season. Are we going to miss that sort of scoring record ? I don't think so, I cant remember the last time I said what a great game Leon had, I can remember frustration as he failed to shoot when in a good position. You can part of his lack of goals is due to service but good strikers will always score goals and 8 is someway less than his ego would have suggested.

I hope by Saturday we have a couple in (maybe a bit optimistic) but it will give some focus to our team rather than worrying about an ex-player.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
How in any way does it prove that point? It proves what we all know, that he is a class above at that level. He's yet to play in the Championship with a side that give him decent service.

It is a valid point that we do not know for sure whether he is up to Championship level due to our being regular strugglers and not laying goals on a plate for him. But doesn't it say everything about him that when faced with that ( or any situation that doesn't suit him ) he isn't prepared to knuckle down and give everything he's got for the team.

We know about the talent but the mentality sucks and in a team struggling for survival you don't want prima donnas....EVER.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Swansea 3-1 MK Dons

Leon Knight scored a first-half hat-trick on his debut to take Swansea City back to the top of League One.
The £125,000 signing from Brighton opened the scoring in the fourth minute with a first-time shot into the corner.

He steered the ball between the legs of Dons goalkeeper Matt Baker for his second, before completing his hat-trick with a 27th-minute header.

Izale McLeod scored in the 80th-minute for the Dons from a re-taken penalty after his first attempt had been saved.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
I happen to like the pudding. As it may have become apparent.

Yes it is CHUNKY

Anyway I assume you saw his class first goal? volly from out side area.

Not good enough my arse.

Supply him and he will score.

Good bit of selling by mcghee, even if he had to be sold that price is a joke.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
_41203110_leon_knight_203.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nice One Leon

Swansea 3 Knight HAT TRICK
MK Dons 1

Once a goal scorer always a goalscorer.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyHitler said:
Yes it is CHUNKY

Anyway I assume you saw his class first goal? volly from out side area.

Not good enough my arse.

Supply him and he will score.

Good bit of selling by mcghee, even if he had to be sold that price is a joke.

f*** off. Kind of like that 4 yard half volley against Millwall that was put on a plate for him. Went about 7 yards over. He has squandered all sorts of chances this season.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:lolol: fixtures?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the end of the day, you give a goalscorer decent service, instead of hoofs and ill directed headers from camels and he will reward you.

Still he's gone now hasn't he

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
f*** off. Kind of like that 4 yard half volley against Millwall that was put on a plate for him. Went about 7 yards over. He has squandered all sorts of chances this season.

Well, 27 in that league and 17 in another season so you sell him for 125k :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
no, just that one and one against Palace which Kiraly did excellently for come to mind.

I can think of more misses for McCammon, Robinson, and Kazim-Richards.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyHitler said:
Well, 27 in that league and 17 in another season so you sell him for 125k :lolol:

Your quite right, In that league.

He was going on a free in the summer its a decent 125k.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DAMANCLAY said:
Not another f***ing KNIGHT THREAD

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Tell you what, perhaps you ought to start a Harding is shit thread, that should make a few people feel better

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Always liked him. Could do a job?

Twat.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
He was going on a free in the summer its a decent 125k.
He was asking for a three year deal earlier in the season though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports