Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
At least we were proved right. He had to go, there was no consistency, no effort. He stopped working after 27 minutes tonight, and we needed players who put the effort in for the whole match. If he had put in more effort, he may have got more goals, and sitting back is not what we want. Bone idle, useless little git.

I bet Swansea are just a little bit chuffed to have got him.....:glare:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As far as Toad is concerned the sun shone out of Leon's nether regions. We need a team at this club not individuals.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Swansea radio coverage

"to Knight, who's only had one or two meaningful touches in this half"

-------they're already going off of him

:p

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
He got 4 last season. No reason to suppose he would have got any more.

I hate to repeat myself, but again, what does that prove? How, from his previous season's tally, do you get to the assumption that he wouldn't have scored any more this season? Some confused logic there ...

He had, what, 5 in 23? No reason to suppose he wouldn't have continued that form, if not improved upon it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3 - 1 now

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
3 - 1 now

f***ing useless Knight not tracking back! :angry: :angry: :angry:

He's only got three goals for Swansea - that's even less than he got last season for us! Not even good enough for League One ... :nono:

Besides, two were headers, and they don't count 'cus he's small, and he probably stole the other one off another player whilst stealing his wallet! Little shit failure!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Read McGhee's Coventry programme notes. That is why we sold him. Under McGhee, Knight was clearly not going to get us the 15 goals a season we so desperately need....

That does NOT mean he is not a quality striker, who under the right management (Coppell) is a damn good little player.

I cannot think of any decent examples, but i'm sure there are other players out there who perform better for some managers than others....

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I see Grazioli has scored for Barnet again. He's been a pretty prolific scorer at lower levels, but then again he has stayed there and not tried to make the jump up the divisions.

As for us needing team players and not individuals - I would quite happily take a stroppy individual goal scorer for the rest of the season, provided he scored goals. Leon wasn't scoring for us, maybe the next one that comes in will. When does the transfer window get closed again?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Repugnant Toad said:
f***ing useless Knight not tracking back! :angry: :angry: :angry:

He's only got three goals for Swansea - that's even less than he got last season for us! Not even good enough for League One ... :nono:

Besides, two were headers, and they don't count 'cus he's small, and he probably stole the other one off another player whilst stealing his wallet! Little shit failure!

The proof is in the pudding.

2004/5 & 2005/6.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Division 1.L.k will get loadsagoals here.

Not in the Championship,though.

Never.

Well,5 every 1,000 games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3 - 1 FS

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
No the MK dons have figured out now how to get him offside. He's been caught out three times.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/live_text/default.stm

Just got in and read all this thread. Riveting.

Anyway - the above post is priceless. Leon has made a cracking start to his Swansea career and scored 2 goals in the first 12 minutes or so of the game. Somone listening to the game posts he has notched his third and Yorkie, believing little Leon to be the anti-christ and reading the oh-so-slow BBC text commentary (typically a good 3-4 minutes behind play) siezes on a glimmer of hope that he's actually been caught offside. Not that he's completed a quick-fire hat-trick.

What is especially funny is that she also determines (from this slow, crap commentary) that these offsides are because the Dons have figured out how to get him offside. Superb!

Anyway - carry on bickering - some more gems like the above please.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bozza said:
Just got in and read all this thread. Riveting.

Anyway - the above post is priceless. Leon has made a cracking start to his Swansea career and scored 2 goals in the first 12 minutes or so of the game. Somone listening to the game posts he has notched his third and Yorkie, believing little Leon to be the anti-christ and reading the oh-so-slow BBC text commentary (typically a good 3-4 minutes behind play) siezes on a glimmer of hope that he's actually been caught offside. Not that he's completed a quick-fire hat-trick.

What is especially funny is that she also determines (from this slow, crap commentary) that these offsides are because the Dons have figured out how to get him offside. Superb!

Anyway - carry on bickering - some more gems like the above please.

I have to agree with this young man, some of this really is priceless :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports