Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Re: hat-trick for little shit!

Carrot Cruncher said:
I don't think that anyone is blaming Dick Knight for Leon going.

I am in no way a 'Leon lover' (whatever that is, sounds kinky though...), nor am I a McGhee hater (Jesus, this starting to sound like a shit rap song!!!!), but don't people think that maybe, just perhaps, McGhee's insistance on dragging everything through the press is the reason he went for sod-all money???

Can you do the Oaf dance?

:banana:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Tantrums are one thing, but there was no public fall out, or bickering in the press.

I dare say people in Carlisle are not necessarily aware that there was any grief afoot in good old Sussex by the sea.

Leon 'I AM HUGE' Knight's personality was well covered oop North by such redoubtable publications as the Yorkshire Evening Post. When we signed him a few friends from Leeds got in touch to pass on best of luck in doing something to turn the "egotistical, sulky, little xxxx' into a human being if not a proffessional footballer.

Word on the street is he's a wanker

and that's the word on the street in Leeds!

anyway, good luck to him

I don'r give a shit, it's only football

Yawn.gif

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Re: Re: Re: Re: hat-trick for little shit!

Yorkie said:
Ah, the BLIND FAITH insult. I wondered when someone would throw that at me.

I don't have blind faith. I do have optimism and I do think people are doing the best that they can do in the circumstances.
I don't criticise willy nilly either. I stand up for the club although it is unfashionable to do so on Nsc.
I am not a sheep.

I also see when things aren't right. Leon wasn't right because he didn't play well at this level (same at Wednesday) and then caused problems by not turning up for training on time, and his sulky attitude.
A mate of mine spoke to him at the Race Day and Leon could hardly be bothered with the fans who pay his wages.

Someone mention SHEEP ??? :sheep: .................:lolol: (well i do live in wales eh !!! :lolol: )

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: hat-trick for little shit!

BarrelofFun said:
There is no doubting his ability. Can you honestly say that he put in 100% for us this season and towed the line? I think you can't...

He has scored one more than CKR in almost double the amount of starts, and one of them was a penalty.

And penalties are worth less now? I'm touched they let us into this league, considering we came up on the back of such a worthless sort of goal ...

Has he put in 100% every game? No. But I think that can be said of several players - and I do think he's put in as much as any player in most games this season. Certainly the first three months of the season he was flying - he only started to struggle when McGhee began to mess him about.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
pevenseagull said:
I dare say people in Carlisle are not necessarily aware that there was any grief afoot in good old Sussex by the sea.

Leon 'I AM HUGE' Knight's personality was well covered oop North by such redoubtable publications as the Yorkshire Evening Post. When we signed him a few friends from Leeds got in touch to pass on best of luck in doing something to turn the "egotistical, sulky, little xxxx' into a human being if not a proffessional footballer.

Word on the street is he's a wanker

and that's the word on the street in Leeds!

Thank you. Maybe now people will believe me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hat-trick for little shit!

Repugnant Toad said:
And penalties are worth less now? I'm touched they let us into this league, considering we came up on the back of such a worthless sort o goal ...

Has he put in 100% every game? No. But I think that can be said of several players - and I do think he's put in as much as any player in most games this season. Certainly the first three months of the season he was flying - he only started to struggle when McGhee began to mess him about.

First three months? He got 5 goals all season and two of those were in Nov in the Palace game.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Owls fans view

No1OwlsFan Posted on 6/1 16:12 Email this Message | Reply
Leon Knight...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest trouble causer and waste of space i have ever had the misfortune of seeing pull on a Sheffield Wednesday shirt, always after a ruck on and off the pitch fell out with BOTH managers at Brighton and Sheff Wed, and he'll embarras you with his drama Queen antics on the pitch

Leon Knight has trouble written all over him, Mark McGhee stopped the team coach half way up the motorway last week and threatened to throw him off

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
First three months? He got 5 goals all season and two of those were in Nov in the Palace game.

Proving what precisely? I didn't think the Palace game was one his best performances, tempting though it might be to presume so based on the goalscoring stats.

And what's wrong with five goals? If he'd carried on in that vein, ten goals would have been a decent return for a support striker - it's the other forward, the line-leader, that we've been missing.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Repugnant Toad said:
And penalties are worth less now? I'm touched they let us into this league, considering we came up on the back of such a worthless sort o goal ...

Clever twisting there RT! :lol:

I think we just scratched the surface with the various press reports. McGhee is in charge and Leon was obviously not toeing the line. Do you think there might be a reason for "messing him about"?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Repugnant Toad said:

Exactly. when Leon was banging in the goal in the 2nd, it was happy days, lovely. Cue promotion and MM telling Leon he should be less selfish. Leon then started passing more and playing on wing. We scored a shit-load after that though, didn't we

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
fosters headband said:
Owls fans view

No1OwlsFan Posted on 6/1 16:12 Email this Message | Reply
Leon Knight...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest trouble causer and waste of space i have ever had the misfortune of seeing pull on a Sheffield Wednesday shirt, always after a ruck on and off the pitch fell out with BOTH managers at Brighton and Sheff Wed, and he'll embarras you with his drama Queen antics on the pitch

Leon Knight has trouble written all over him, Mark McGhee stopped the team coach half way up the motorway last week and threatened to throw him off

Trouble is he is a proven goal scorer at least at League 1 level.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Proving what precisely? I didn't think the Palace game was one his best performances, tempting though it might be to presume so based on the goalscoring stats.

And what's wrong with five goals? If he'd carried on in that vein, ten goals would have been a decent return for a support striker - it's the other forward, the line-leader, that we've been missing.

IF he'd carried on?
He got 4 last season. No reason to suppose he would have got any more.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hat-trick for little shit!

Carrot Cruncher said:
Exactly. when Leon was banging in the goal in the 2nd, it was happy days, lovely. Cue promotion and MM telling Leon he should be less selfish. Leon then started passing more and playing on wing. We scored a shit-load after that though, didn't we

But he hardly ever played out of position and he hardly ever did not have to play his natural game, seemingly.

Cheers for the nod on that software by the way.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
ENOUGH

Get over it, in the final analysis, even given the Cardiff goal and ONE good season, he's not fit to wear Fozzie's armband

race5_45_sized.thumb.jpg

(picture nicked from Roz)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here