Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Surely he proved that he couldn't play for us, or even didn't want to when he was "forced" from the club.

Tonight, doesn't change anything, as far as I am concerned. He was a troublemaker and we will hopefully be stronger without him.

Are people conveniently forgetting his lack of goals, lazy play and sulky attitude???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If Leon can do it in League 1 then maybe MM should have just given him a few months off ready for next season? :shootself

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so what!! he wasted best part of 2 years doing f*** all,good luck to him,but lets move on

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
jimmyseagull said:
With the correct attitude he may well.

In the correct position he will. He's already shown us that. Swansea are laughing all the way to the bank. In their eyes, they've got a Championship class striker for absolute peanuts. And who's to say they're wrong.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Of course he will. Get a side playing decent football, and a half-decent manager, and he'll do fine in the Championship.

Let's not forget, even with McGhee in charge, Knight's still our top scorer.
Exactly.

Anyway we will have to see who McGhee brings in to replace him but at present this looks like a disastrous piece of business.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
BarrelofFun said:
Surely he proved that he couldn't play for us, or even didn't want to when he was "forced" from the club.

Tonight, doesn't change anything, as far as I am concerned. He was a troublemaker and we will hopefully be stronger without him.

Are people conveniently forgetting his lack of goals, lazy play and sulky attitude???

Spot on sir,spot on. :clap:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Wozza said:
If Leon can do it in League 1 then maybe MM should have just given him a few months off ready for next season? :shootself

Very true. A proven Div 2 scorer is exactly what we're likely to need next season - they aren't that easy to find.

Cabby

Jul 5, 2003
Langton Green
This is the worst thing that could have happened from Swansea's point of view. He'll now be strutting about like a peacock, voicing his (unwanted) opinions about almost everything and everyone, and thinking that he's the biggest and best signing the clubs ever made. Kenny Jacket really has his work cut out now.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
oh ffs i had £10 on him to score first and Swansea to win 2-0, thanks alot leon:angry:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
BarrelofFun said:

his 27 Goals to get us promoted, his Penalty in the Play off finals, the fact hes our top goal scorer this season on a side that makes fuk all chances, the fact that he has played Centre Midfield, both wings and up front this season, the face that we have NO proven goal scorer at the moment.

MAYBE he cant make it in the Championship but he is still out best player in a position where we have no replacment!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trigger said:
With a manager without an attitude he will have no reason to have an attitude himself.

Tell that to Wednesday and Huddersfield.

One player - three managers?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Cabby said:
This is the worst thing that could have happened from Swansea's point of view. He'll now be strutting about like a peacock, voicing his (unwanted) opinions about almost everything and everyone, and thinking that he's the biggest and best signing the clubs ever made. Kenny Jacket really has his work cut out now.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be devastated ... "Oh no! The striker I've signed for a bargain has scored a hat-trick on his debut - what WILL I do??!!"

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
he hasn't scored for at least half an hour

the honeymoon period is well and truely over

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:

Well Kenny Jackett obviously has no problem with him as he was at QPR when Leon was.

As Leon said himself on his outspoken attittude "some managers like it, some don't".

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:

Chris Turner ... too shit for Stockport.

Mark McGhee ... ego the size of a small country.

And didn't Huddersfield try to sign him permanently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports