leon jeanne

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

number9

Jun 8, 2011
First couple of days are very hard as there is a lot of running involved. He's slogging his guts out trying to get fit but will need a few weeks to get up to speed with the other players level of fitness. However on the ball he is a different class and when he gets the opportunity to show it he is feeling confident. He really needs some patience and support right now whilst he loses weight. He has a long way to go but some of the coaches rate him very highly and are willing him to do it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
First couple of days are very hard as there is a lot of running involved. He's slogging his guts out trying to get fit but will need a few weeks to get up to speed with the other players level of fitness. However on the ball he is a different class and when he gets the opportunity to show it he is feeling confident. He really needs some patience and support right now whilst he loses weight. He has a long way to go but some of the coaches rate him very highly and are willing him to do it.

would so love to see the doubters proved wrong - keep going my man :)

http://youtu.be/_-p8bOoFlPo

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For the avoidance of doubt: number9 isn't Leon, but it's taken me about 10 seconds to find out that he is friends with him.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
For the avoidance of doubt: number9 isn't Leon, but it's taken me about 10 seconds to find out that he is friends with him.

Sounds like an agent hoping for a big slice of the pie from the way je's talking him up!

Best of luck to the lad though. Hope he proves something to himself even if he finds there is too much damage to repair for his career to be what he dreams of, takes a lot for someone to come back after his stormy past so shows something there he can be proud of.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Cardiff - QPR - reformed Babdboy - coach -

I'm guessing Charlie Oatway was the foot in the door?

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I've been following this thread 4 a few days now. number 9 makes some interesting posts and it is obvious he knows Leon. With that in mind, i would ask if he would be kind enough to pass on the best of luck from myself, and i'm sure many other Albion fans. I know the horrors of addiction only to well myself, and if Leon gets his chance, he would become an inspiration to us all! Good luck Leon!

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Seagullinexile- thanks for your kind words! I pass all comments onto Leon. He's thrilled so many people are rooting for him and support his comeback bid. He's desperate to repay Brighton for this opportunity, if he can get a contract and get fit you're in for a treat! For the avoidance of doubt I am not an agent, just someone who has followed leon for a long time and want to see him get the stage his talent deserves

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Seagullinexile- thanks for your kind words! I pass all comments onto Leon. He's thrilled so many people are rooting for him and support his comeback bid. He's desperate to repay Brighton for this opportunity, if he can get a contract and get fit you're in for a treat! For the avoidance of doubt I am not an agent, just someone who has followed leon for a long time and want to see him get the stage his talent deserves
would be interesting if he makes his debut for us against you !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No 9 His wikipedia page says a midfielder can you give us an insight into his type of playing ie is he a fast direct winger a cultured ball player in the Darren Currie mould or what. What are his major strengths and for us very important can he take penalties.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I'm sure if he's still good enough, he will get that chance. Its an incredible story, if he makes it and we all really hope he does, it sounds like some Holywood heart wrencher film script.

what an incredible film it would make?

Go for it Leon, we're all rooting for you....... If you get a contract and run out in the blue and white stripes at the Amex, I guarantee there will be a 40 something bloke in the West Stand lower block B abeam penalty spot, with your name on the back of his new home shirt, look out for me fella, when you bury one in the south end goal, peel right and look for the shirt, if you do it against Palace you'll even get a big smacker on the cheek !!

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Leon is a lightning quick winger/forward who can play on either side and has tricks and skill to burn! If fully fit he would be like Taraabt for you! He has lost a lot of weight already but still needs to lose more if he's going to do it but he can't do anymore than he's currently doing! If he scored against Cardiff a lot of Cardiff wouldn't begrudge it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is this tweet about us [MENTION=19767]number9[/MENTION]?

"This pre season training is brutal! I'm fit but these guys are another level! Goes to show the levels you have to reach to make is as a pro"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports