Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon jeanne

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It isn't a wind up as Gus mentioned it in the Argus, although 'he played it down' As I posted previously, a player training with us is vastly different to having a trial with us.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Best of luck to the guy, and what a fairy story if he really makes it! I remember a previous Leon - fatally flawed Football genius!
:drama:

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
What a bizarre article to be on the official site.

Agree-but a very moving one. I sense that this is (was?) a troubled young man who was loved by many who tried and failed to help him.

He really isn't the sort of signing I was hoping for, but hard to fault Gus for giving him a chance if he really is trying to turn his life around?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is Gary Hart still training with the Albion?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Agree-but a very moving one. I sense that this is (was?) a troubled young man who was loved by many who tried and failed to help him.

He really isn't the sort of signing I was hoping for, but hard to fault Gus for giving him a chance if he really is trying to turn his life around?

Maybe he just needed to mature to get over his troubles. Or maybe he'll be out within a month. Watch this space.

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
I can confirm that Leon Jeanne will be spending pre-season with Brighton. Leon was tipped for stardom 10 years ago at QPR and was heralded as the next George Best. Having won their young player of the year award he fell into drink and drug addiction and eventually moved back to Cardiff in an attempt to resurrect his career. Leon was an immediate hit with fans but again fell victim to addiction and after several attempts to get clean he was forced to leave the game. Over the course of the last 7 years Leon struggled with addiction, became clinically depressed and as a result put on a lot of weight. Two years ago Leon sought counselling and finally conquered his demons.

Putting his past behind him he has been determined to make a comeback and as such hired a personal trainer and lost 4 stone. He joined Bath City in December to get some match practice but despite setting up 2 goals in a 10 minute cameo on his debut he found he was not yet fit enough to last 90 minutes. As a result Leon was loaned to Cinderford Town. Leon is now nearing full fitness and following recomendations from Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy, Gus Poyet has offered Leon the chance to earn a contract with Brighton. It's a big ask but ask any Cardiff and QPR fan about him and they will say that he is one of the most talented players they have ever seen. In Crouch's autobiography he even states that Leon is up there with the best he has played with. If Brighton can get him 100% fit quickly then you will have a hell of a player on your hands. I hope you do as Leon once threatened to be one of the top players in the country but bad luck and addiction has stalled his progress up until now!

Viva Gustavo!!
Viva Calderon!!
Viva The Albion!!
and
Viva!! Leon Jeanne if he has overcome all of his problems and can do a job for us !! Oh and Viva The Amex!! Oh yeah and Viva any one in tennis that can stuff Andy Murray!!!

Leon Jeanne scores penalty olay! olay! olay! olay! Viva !!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Gus Poyet has offered Leon the chance to earn a contract with Brighton. It's a big ask but ask any Cardiff and QPR fan about him and they will say that he is one of the most talented players they have ever seen.

Leon Jeanne is nowhere near being one of the most talented players I have ever seen.

That said, he clearly had plenty of ability many, many moons ago. However, I'm genuinely amazed to read that he'll soon be on trial at Brighton. Good luck to him. He'll need it.

Leon Jeanne is nowhere near being one of the most talented players I have ever seen.

That said, he clearly had plenty of ability many, many moons ago. However, I'm genuinely amazed to read that he'll soon be on trial at Brighton. Good luck to him. He'll need it.

Good to have you back mate, where you been all this time?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
He was actually asked over the weekend if he would like to spend the summer with Cardiff but declined the opportunity.

Who by? The manager who had been sacked? The successor who had yet to be appointed? Or the coaching staff who have been put on gardening leave?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4190879 said:
Good to have you back mate, where you been all this time?

I attempted to log in a couple of times last season but had forgotten my password. Remembered it today!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Welcome back, Bluetit. Attila is also still here you know.

I just read a PM from him which was sent ages ago in which he said he would honour the bet.

This Leon Jeanne thing is fascinating. It will be astonishing if he can do enough to earn a contract at this level. The chances must be one in a million.

Earlier in the thread somebody asked if talent ever dies. We had 31 year-old Jason Koumas back here on loan from Wigan last season. He spent a year here in 2005/06, won our player of the year award and put in some of the best performances I've ever seen from a City midfielder. Therefore, we were all delighted to see him back last season.

Sadly, however, he appears to be finished. He looked in great shape physically, but apart from five magical minutes at Doncaster in April he was a complete waste of wages. His talent appears to have died, and he was in a different league to Jeanne. Literally.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I just read a PM from him which was sent ages ago in which he said he would honour the bet.

This Leon Jeanne thing is fascinating. It will be astonishing if he can do enough to earn a contract at this level. The chances must be one in a million.

Earlier in the thread somebody asked if talent ever dies. We had 31 year-old Jason Koumas back here on loan from Wigan last season. He spent a year here in 2005/06, won our player of the year award and put in some of the best performances I've ever seen from a City midfielder. Therefore, we were all delighted to see him back last season.

Sadly, however, he appears to be finished. He looked in great shape physically, but apart from five magical minutes at Doncaster in April he was a complete waste of wages. His talent appears to have died, and he was in a different league to Jeanne. Literally.
Koumas was near unplayable in our match with you at Ninian that season.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Koumas was near unplayable in our match with you at Ninian that season.

Yes, sensational in 2005/06. Hopeless in 2010/11.

From what I saw of him (which in fairness was only a couple of reserve games and a few minutes of Championship action against your lot oddly enough), Jeanne didn't have a fraction of the talent that Koumas had. The latter appears to have lost most of his ability despite remaining in the game at the highest levels in this country during the last five years. It will be astonishing if the former has retained his ability after years of drink, drugs and parks football.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but most Cardiff and qpr fans will tell you that leon had more potential than most! He trained with Leeds 1st team at 13! Made his first team debut at 16 at qpr and won their young player of the year award. Since he has announced he is returning to the game he has had offers from all over the world to go on trial! He loves Brighton and wants to make an impact there! He still needs to really improve his fitness but I know the coaching staff are very excited by his ability! He just needs an opportunity to get fit and he will be a top championship player! When fully fit he is a different level to Koumas'

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but most Cardiff and qpr fans will tell you that leon had more potential than most! He trained with Leeds 1st team at 13! Made his first team debut at 16 at qpr and won their young player of the year award. Since he has announced he is returning to the game he has had offers from all over the world to go on trial! He loves Brighton and wants to make an impact there! He still needs to really improve his fitness but I know the coaching staff are very excited by his ability! He just needs an opportunity to get fit and he will be a top championship player! When fully fit he is a different level to Koumas'

Have you heard any news about how his first couple of days have gone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here