Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon jeanne

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
using my phone as laptop is broken and if you've ever used internet via mobile then you'd realise its hard reading all posts you Cock.

Oh dear I do apologise - perhaps if I point you to page one, post 8 (from "Number 9" who sounds suspicously like the man himself) - explains it quite concisely and should require the minimum concentration

number9

Jun 8, 2011
If anyone doubts this story then be at the training ground on Monday! Leon will be there! So many people have said nice things about him and are supportinghis comeback bid, would be great if he could do it but I should reiterate that there is still a long way to go and the odds remainagainst him! However 12 months ago virtually everyone in football had given up on him and now he has offers from a handful of teams and a trial at Brighton.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Number9... I respect your enthusiasm... but honestly... He is 30 years old!! How many years will he last even if he does get fit? 3? 5? He has blown it. Sorry to say .... maybe if he was 25 he could salvage something.... but time to move on now and regret the past.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Number9... I respect your enthusiasm... but honestly... He is 30 years old!! How many years will he last even if he does get fit? 3? 5? He has blown it. Sorry to say .... maybe if he was 25 he could salvage something.... but time to move on now and regret the past.

Ouch! I get where you're coming from but thirty is not that old. Unlikely I know, but just assume he does have the raw pace and talent that has been described along with the work ethic and professionalism to go with it, where could he end up a year from now? Perhaps he could take the Championship by storm, get promoted with Brighton or get a move to a Premier League team. If he gets a contract with us and was "only" on £2k a week, that's still £100k a year. Where else is he going to earn that kind of money?

If he does make a success of it here and gets a move to the Premier League and got a £20k a week contract, that's a cool £1m a year!

Money apart, what would you rather do, work for minimum wage doing shitty job or be a footballer?

He hasn't blown it yet. He's wasted the best years of his life and he's in the last chance saloon for sure, but it's what he does from this point forward that really matters. He can't change the past, but he can make the best of the future. I'm 32, but would give it all up for a year playing proffessionally in the Championship. Especially for Brighton!

Maybe after so long out of the game, he may just have a few extra years left in him. Plenty play beyond their mid thirties now.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sounds very interesting and potentially exiting. You never lose your skill. Got to be worth a punt, surely we have nothing to lose and hopefully it will work out well for all parties.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Massive massive massive odds against.....................................

........................................ which is why it would be so great if it happened. Gotta respect the guy after all that has happened to him he is prepared to come and compete against the kids in the development squad. Can't be easy and sure, he almost certainly won't be able to reach the required level of fitness, but he has the balls to come back and try and for that alone there is surely a little bit of every one of us goes with him.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Of course at 30 he is not as quick as he was at 18! However at the clubs he has been training with to get fit he is still regularly winning the sprint drills. He also has so much skill that he can put a full back on the wrong foot and get a yard on them that way! If you read the Cardiff and qpr boards you will see that when he was 18 he really was one of the top talents around and was destined for a top premiership and international career. Those days maybe gone but he can definitely still do a job in the football league and hopefully he still has enough for the championship. He may not have more than 5 years as a pro left but that's still a lot of time and would still be a form of redemption after everything he's been through. Brighton is a massive ask and it will be tough but be certainly has the touch and skill levels to be a footballer at this level

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow! What a story... and confirmed by the Argus (assuming FITC is not a BS merchant)... good luck fella'...

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
No BS from me :angel:

In my desperation to see if there was any news, I wondered over to the nearby paper shop to have a quick look at the back page of the Argus and this was in a brief article about the players reporting back.

It would be an amazing story indeed.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Now on the Argus online as well...

Albion return and new faces expected

9:30am Monday 27th June 2011

* Print
* Email
* Comments(0)

* By Brian Owen »

Gus Poyet welcomes his squad back to work this morning hoping further signings will not be far away.

The Seagulls report back today and serious training kicks off tomorrow.

Poyet admits he hopes to make more signings “the sooner the better” having brought in Will Buckley and Will Hoskins while losing Elliott Bennett and Glenn Murray of last season’s title-winning side.

He confirmed Leon Jeanne, a former Cardiff City player whose career has been blighted by disciplinary problems, will be training with the Seagulls but played down its significance.

Poyet said: “There will be plenty of people coming and going.”

The Albion boss wished Jimmy McNulty well at Barnsley.

McNulty has signed a two-year deal at Oakwell, where he believes he has a better chance of regular first-team football.

Poyet said: “Him leaving was nothing to do with me. It was his decision to go.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Albion boss wished Jimmy McNulty well at Barnsley.

McNulty has signed a two-year deal at Oakwell, where he believes he has a better chance of regular first-team football.

Poyet said: “Him leaving was nothing to do with me. It was his decision to go.”

Not impressed with him is he? *readingbetweenthelines*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apologies if this is linked elsewhere, but this is from the official CCFC site

Cardiff City Football Club have this afternoon received the results of the drug and alcohol test with regard to Leon Jeanne.

The test results confirmed what was already expected, that the sample did not appear to be urine.

Moreover, because on the test date when the above sample was handed, an acidity test was carried out in Leon's presence, and proved to be extremely suspicious. Besides, it did not look like urine anyway.

When he was asked, according to the rules, to provide another sample - he took three hours without producing any. Furthermore, he refused to take water or food during this period, which should have helped him to produce the sample.

He then claimed at 3.20pm that he had to collect his children, otherwise they would be left unsupervised. This left the testing team with no option but to allow him to go, on the condition that he would return immediately to provide the second specimen.

It is now believed that he is not allowed to be with his children on his own without other supervision. Moreover, his family confirmed that on the day his children were not with him.

After very lengthy telephone conversations with David Temme (Chief Executive) and Len Nokes (Club Doctor), he refused to come back, knowing very well that failure to provide the second sample in itself would be considered as a test fail, irrespective of the results of the first test. The test team even offered to go to wherever he was - he refused.

Finally, he also refused to come the next day claiming that he would be on holiday - it is understood that this was not the case.

In view of all that has taken place during the season, culminating in the events of the last few days, the Club has decided to terminate Leon's contract according to the rules.

Everyone at the Club feels very sorry and disappointed that this has transpired. A lot of effort and money was afforded to help this very talented young man to make something of himself. It is indeed a human tragedy and our thoughts should be directed first and foremost to Leon himself.

The Club also appreciates the great efforts that David Temme, Len Nokes and Steve Actie (Uncle) have provided. For them and others, we say it was worth your while to have tried - thank you.

While this is the official Club position, individuals from the Club will privately do what they can, if asked, to help this unfortunate and talented man redeem himself.

It is now up to the Football Association of Wales to decide on Leon's footballing future.

On behalf of all the Club supporters, players, Directors and staff, we hope that Leon will face the reality of the situation and do what is necessary to overcome it.

GOOD LUCK LEON - WE LOVE YOU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here