leon jeanne

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
It would be great and they have said some terrific things about him and if he were 5 yrs younger it could be viable but it doesn't make sense to sign a non-league player who's career has been dogged by abject failure and substance abuse. I am not saying he doesn't deserve a second chance but he would be better off starting in conference or league 2. whatever happens I wish him all the best.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens, for now I guess we just sit and wait..

number9

Jun 8, 2011
The current situation with Leon is as follows! He has been completely clean for almost two years now and over the last 12 months he has changed his lifestyle and diet and has hit the gym hard. He has now lost almost four stone and has taken himself as far as he can. He still has a stone to lose but in order to shed the weight he needs to be working hard in a professional environment every day. Whilst he still has weight to lose he is very fit and still has blistering pace. He has a god given talent and has lost none of his tricks and skills. If he gets a contract you will love him, he could be your Taraabt. There is obviously a long way to go and it's a huge ask. Initially Leon will have to try to get up to speed as he hasnt played at this level in a long time but if given time there is no doubt he will adapt. I really hope he justifies Gus' faith in him. I really believe that Gus is the man to get him to reach his potential and that Gus is really going to enjoy seeing him in training. Some of his tricks and flicks belong on the world stage and his set piece delivery and shooting from free kicks is top notch

number9

Jun 8, 2011
I should also add that leon has never been accused of being a bad influence. He's actually a great guy whose only ever harmed himself. He certainly is no prima doña and just wants to work hard and let his football do the talking

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The current situation with Leon is as follows! He has been completely clean for almost two years now and over the last 12 months he has changed his lifestyle and diet and has hit the gym hard. He has now lost almost four stone and has taken himself as far as he can. He still has a stone to lose but in order to shed the weight he needs to be working hard in a professional environment every day. Whilst he still has weight to lose he is very fit and still has blistering pace. He has a god given talent and has lost none of his tricks and skills. If he gets a contract you will love him, he could be your Taraabt. There is obviously a long way to go and it's a huge ask. Initially Leon will have to try to get up to speed as he hasnt played at this level in a long time but if given time there is no doubt he will adapt. I really hope he justifies Gus' faith in him. I really believe that Gus is the man to get him to reach his potential and that Gus is really going to enjoy seeing him in training. Some of his tricks and flicks belong on the world stage and his set piece delivery and shooting from free kicks is top notch

Can you stick to it without walking away when the going gets really tough though? That will (as previously) be the real test.

I fear it will need something akin to a modern day miracle but I will be saying my prayers because I think we could be very good for each other.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Of course it's a big ask, and in the past I would have been very doubtful but when you see the determination in his eyes, and the way he has trained so hard for 12 months malingering himself physically sick, then I really think he is ready. Most importantly, if he does make it his story will be very inspiring to a lot of people

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Of course it's a big ask, and in the past I would have been very doubtful but when you see the determination in his eyes, and the way he has trained so hard for 12 months malingering himself physically sick, then I really think he is ready. Most importantly, if he does make it his story will be very inspiring to a lot of people

amen to that my friend :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would it be cynical to ask why this has not been picked up by the Argus or announced by the club? It's not as if it wouldn't be of interest. I remain sceptical that it is a massive wind up but I'd love it to be true.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Would it be cynical to ask why this has not been picked up by the Argus or announced by the club? It's not as if it wouldn't be of interest. I remain sceptical that it is a massive wind up but I'd love it to be true.

True, but we do have any number of players with us just at anyone time just to train.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Until Lord Gus mentions his name I will still think this is a massive wind up.

In fact I think all the many potential signings are too. So the only one I believe has potential is little Lualua. The rest is just Chinese whispers.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I remember reading about this guy when he was released by Cardiff and thinking "what an absolute waste of talent". He was really highly rated and completely messed his career up. I genuinely hope he's got himself sorted out and wish him the best of luck, it'll be a real fairy tale if he earns himself a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports