Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Best <Booooooooooooo>

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Why is Best being used as the scapegoat? He isn't any worse than the rest of the current shower up front. For instance CMS may give the impression of trying by running around a lot, but he hasn't scored many either.

to even it up in fairness to best - cms is shite too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They were just booing that he was on the bench and not starting

Wasn't the booing because he was using up a space on the bench which could have been occupied by Kemy ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Weren't they saying boo-urns?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I arrived into the WSU at about 12:13 today due to morning plans all going slower than intended.

Did I hear correctly - was Leon Best booooooooooooooooooooooooo-ed when announced as a substitute immediately prior to kick-off?

Btw Bozza - how did it go with the home enema kit?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Why is Best being used as the scapegoat? He isn't any worse than the rest of the current shower up front. For instance CMS may give the impression of trying by running around a lot, but he hasn't scored many either.

Its effort that counts when both are poor ....CMS at least seems to be trying..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will never understand booing a player in Albion colours but maybe that's just me.

It's not just you, there are others that don't understand why some show their feelings for a player who, had he tried hard and shown a bit of the talent that got him playing in the premier league then he might have won over the fans and earnt himself a contract. He didnt'.

Absolutely hilarious that some believe he will be signed, he clearly is past his best no pun intended but he was worth a look given his past career performances.

Yes it is the sorriest piece of scapegoating I've seen by our fans for a while, none of our other strikers have been any better - O'Grady now looks like achieving the unbelievable feat of an entire season with a non-pen league goal.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Why do football fans blame strikers when the team is not scoring? This is such a one dimensional analysis. You could have put Alan Shearer up front for us this season and he wouldn't have scored. I think people need to look at the whole picture, Best is a small part of the problem. Booing him is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here