Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Murray vs Ulloa - not much in it at all for me. Both top players. I feel like some have forgotten just what a finisher Murray is just because we’ve struggled of late.

At this time such a comparison is all about fitness and durability - which one can perform at a high level for longer ?

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
All this talk of Ulloa, got me reminiscing of the Forest game, what a day.

ULLOA-SENDS-BRIGHTON-amp-HOVE-ALBION-INTO-PLAY-OFFS.gif

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What we need is a poll. Who would we rather have up front on his own, or with Baldrick along side (or nearby. Quite near. Running about, and that).

Hemed
Murray
Ulloa
Barnes
Zamora
Irvine
Ward
Binney
Dawson
Smith

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really hope we can do better, he was great for us, four years ago, not so sure he would be any better than Tomer or Murray now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Leo Ulloa

I think Murray is great but have always been of the opinion Ulloa is slightly better.

I think some here have forgotten just how good Ulloa was. His strength, heading ability, movement and finishing were fantastic.

I might be biased because I do love Leo. One of my all time favourite Albion players. In a pretty average side to be honest under Garcia I thought he was fantastic and the only reason we sneaked in to the play offs. I love the way he played.

So pleased for him he went on and proved himself and won the premier league and would be delighted to have him back here as an upgrade on Murray and Hemed.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What about Peter Harburn
Bill Curry
Ray Pointer

Pointer - never heard of him - but eight years at Pompey? Nah

Curry - never heard of him - but a pretty good scoring record. Any of it in the top division though?

Harburn - never heard of him - but 8 goals in 8 consecutive matches for the Albion - great! Third Division (South) though. Greedy as well. Asked for an extra £1 a week? Sod that! Sold him to Eveton for his cheek. Only got one top flight goal

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think Murray is great but have always been of the opinion Ulloa is slightly better.

I think some here have forgotten just how good Ulloa was. His strength, heading ability, movement and finishing were fantastic.

I might be biased because I do love Leo. One of my all time favourite Albion players. In a pretty average side to be honest under Garcia I thought he was fantastic and the only reason we sneaked in to the play offs. I love the way he played.

So pleased for him he went on and proved himself and won the premier league and would be delighted to have him back here as an upgrade on Murray and Hemed.

Movement!! Lol - painfully slow and immobile but had a knack of being in the right place tbf

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ulloa has played 19 minutes as sub this season. That'll work.

Minutes played has reduced year by year since he left us. Must be a reason for that.

Can't get why some won't let players go in their heads and move on.

But it isn't the fans who are buying the players. With out limited resources it will more the fact there is an available striker with Premier League experience who is surplus to requirements at their current club.

The fact that he played for us before is a plus (may probably still have a home round here, less of a problem to move the family down) but to suggest Tony is getting everyone round for Christmas is a bit of a myth I'd imagine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. The great journeyman. So glad you didn't offer Beamish. :lolol:

Do you remember when a load of kids/youths used to run on at the end of every league game, to pat the players off down the tunnel?

In a mid 70's league game with Port Vale, I was part of that mob when Beamish (playing for them, not us) lost his rag saying he was being booted by fans in the scuffle. I thought it funny and have always associated his name with ill temper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here