Leicester's penalty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Picture the scene, 1-1 at the Walker's Stadium, a penalty is given and up steps Paul Dickov with a chance to atone for his past misdemeanours and become the Leicester hero...

..but he hits a tame shot straight at the 'keeper and probably seals Leicester's fate.

Poetic justice? I have to admit I found it extremely amusing, although I feel a little sympathy with Mickey Adams, who has done his best to repair the fallout from the ill-fated Spanish trip.

I know this one has been done to death but I can't help thinking that Dickov is very lucky to still be wearing Leicester's colours.

What do other people think?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Badly taken penalty and I suppose a bit of poetic justice.

Leicester are doomed - anyone fancy the Leicester away game next year :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
I didn't know they were getting relegated 2 Divisions :lolol: :lolol:

True colours tonite then - not even backing us to win play-offs ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
I wouldn't put 5 bob on us winning the play offs, the away form is going to let us down big time. Can't score away and whoever we play will be tough , Hartlepool are the team in big form right now.

FFS Ernest as much as I love you for once why don't you be positive and back the team ? :angry: :angry:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I felt sorry for Leicester actually. Man City were so shit, they didn't deserve anything from that game. So much for Keegan being the "master motivator". Look at all the money he's spent! Imagine what Mickey would achieve if you gave him a cheque book...

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
perth seagull said:
I felt sorry for Leicester actually. ....... Imagine what Mickey would achieve if you gave him a cheque book...
well said:clap:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Ernest said:
I wouldn't put 5 bob on us winning the play offs, the away form is going to let us down big time. Can't score away and whoever we play will be tough , Hartlepool are the team in big form right now.

we were winning 3.1 at plymouth until last minutes and drew 3.3. we just drew 0.0 at bristol dont these results give you any confidance at all? i think our away form has slightly improved recently.

dickov also ex man city.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports