Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester vs Watford - Play off 1st leg.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What a horrendous way to go out even though a just result
Zola was a stricken man when that pen was given, minute later he's having a heart attack
Great game

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I reckon Watford were the best team to visit the Amex this season tbf, but we are in good form, so IF we progress, it might be a more even match up at Wembley :)

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
If we get a penalty to win it in injury time, please can someone remind those not taking the penalty to get back to the halfway line in case we need to defend.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Does anyone know where I can see highlights of the game? I thought there might be something on BBC1 tonight but there isn't...

May 10, 2013
Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Firstly, I did install a TV in the lord's vestry on a sabbath to watch a sporting event.

I used a profanity and took the lord's name in vain at least eight times during the penalty save/goal incidents at the end.

I also laughed at another man's misfortune and tears, again using scornful profanities.

Oh and there's also the bottle of communion wine I'm halfway down with Mrs Prodworthy.

What a game! What drama! Jesus fackin' Christ!

Oh. Make that nine times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely loved that.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
I reckon Watford were the best team to visit the Amex this season tbf, but we are in good form, so IF we progress, it might be a more even match up at Wembley :)

Last team to beat us the Amex in the league. Like to think we are a better side now . Watford v Brighton, Zola v Gus.
That would be one hell of a final. Just got to get pass Palace tomorrow, which I believe we will. Roll on tomorrow night.

LeicestershireGull

Sep 11, 2012
Well i'm bloody glad Leicester have gone out.I realise there a few knuckle-draggers who support every football team.But thankfully they are in the tiniest minority.Leicester just seem to have dull-ignorant people supporting their team.And since I have the dubious honour of living here,I'm fit to judge.So well done Watford!....even if you are going to be harder to beat.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Just seen it all on sky sports news, incredible scenes! Zola looked broken when that pen was given and he went ****ing mental when Deeney scored a very well stuck goal! Never a pen, cheating tosser, glad Watford won after seeing that!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Never a pen, and the drama was quite incredible... hope it isn't like that tomorrow, I'll have a coronary.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Last team to beat us the Amex in the league. Like to think we are a better side now . Watford v Brighton, Zola v Gus.
That would be one hell of a final. Just got to get pass Palace tomorrow, which I believe we will. Roll on tomorrow night.

Don't forget we also beat them at theirs.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Peter Beagrie (who is a tool of the first order) described Watford and Palace as underdogs - "it's the year of the underdog", hinting that he favoured them for the final.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well i'm bloody glad Leicester have gone out.I realise there a few knuckle-draggers who support every football team.But thankfully they are in the tiniest minority.Leicester just seem to have dull-ignorant people supporting their team.And since I have the dubious honour of living here,I'm fit to judge.So well done Watford!....even if you are going to be harder to beat.

............ and not having to listen to that St Pauli crap for another few months at least

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Peter Beagrie (who is a tool of the first order) described Watford and Palace as underdogs - "it's the year of the underdog", hinting that he favoured them for the final.

I think he meant at the start of the season,as in they wern't fancied this season.

Watford4ever

Jan 9, 2011
The only downside to all that excitment and drama is that it was a week late in terms of promotion BUT a trip to Wembley it is (costly but should be fun)!

Such drama and having seen the penalty was a dive I suspect it just shows how different we Watford fans could be feeling (having said that we've got some prone to going down easily..)

Suspect we'll see you there - Sky etc will love a Zola v Poyet love in.

Hope so anyway as Holloway will spend all week moaning about the loan issue (which he has a right to but most managers have just got on with the job) rather than concentrating on his own team.

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011

I forgot what is the rule. Player that miss penalty kick can score goal if it touched goalkepper first (who saved penalty) or not? I know that if he hits crossbar and than ball rebound to him (without touching anyone) he can't score goal because it will not count,but forgot the rule about first thing. I think it would count,but not sure,but judging by player reaction it would count if he had scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here