Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester sign De Laet and James from Man U

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Couldn't find this with a search, so don't think it's fixtures...

They're going to be strong next season.

[WIKI]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18084304[/WIKI]

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
That's what people said last year..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That's what people said last year..

Just about to say the same thing. How much more money are they are going to spend? Would love to see them balls it up again.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Leicester ended up on the same points as us.

Compare how much they spent on players and their wage bill etc.

You still need to have the right management team, to be effective at your given style of football.

And still people don't think Gus is any good :rolleyes: Imagine if he had the budget/spending that Leicester had.....

I do suspect Leicester will do well next season, however they won't do it solely on big money buys/wages. They need the rest in place, maybe they have, we'll see in due course....

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think they will win the division personally. Presuming West Ham go up. Sven was under pressure to do things quickly and tried to change things too fast in my view. It all seemed to be gelling for them towards the end and if they use the money they have got sensibly this time, which I think they will, then they are favourites for me.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
True, but they seemed to be getting it together towards the end of the season, and ended up above us.

I have to say I'm envious that they are getting business done early on. I'd love it if we avoided the deadline day scramble, but can't see it happening...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They could climb up to eighth in the table next season with these signings.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Perennial underachievers but law of averages says they'll make it sooner or later.

Seems to me the problem they have suffered with is just a huge turnover of players as well as Managers. If Pearson can stay and not turn over the entire team during the summer they will have to be fancied

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Most unwise to write them off. They finished strongly, have a manager who knows the division inside out and have lots money. They will be right up there.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Most unwise to write them off. They finished strongly, have a manager who knows the division inside out and have lots money. They will be right up there.

Leicester have an experienced team, i.e. getting too old. It makes sense to sign some hungry younger players. Ironically I was impressed mostly with Wellens and Danns who were not expensive signings and the loan player they had from a French club (who has gone back). And with Szens tactical nous (gone now).

We will need to go some to get ahead of them. And ahead of them we must be if we take promotion seriously next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here