Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not disagreeing, but the three Leicester defenders should be taken out and shot.

None of them made a challenge for the ball, if only a jump at Ferguson to try and stop him placing his header.
I think that was down to Ferguson's ability to "find space" as much as weak defending. In the few games he's played, again and again he has created space for himself through clever, often simple looking, movement.

This is the reason I'm excited about him. It suggests a brain to go with his physicality, great feet and tidy finishing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Leicester at home and manager admits they wanted to stop us playing . Could understand if playing City but would not be happy if Leicester fan with that approach.
I think for the away side we created enough without looking great.
2 very basic errors for there goals. Unusual for Veltman to not be closer to attacker on a long ball and amazing VH not aware player behind him.
Whilst VH mistake cost us goal I think people a little harsh. I felt apart from this he was ok and composed on ball. Also looked more dangerous than Dunk at corners.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some of Dunk's through balls and long passes were superb today. He's always had it, but has stepped up this season. And it's definitely one of the ways we'll unlock deep defences.

It also shows how valuable Estupinan is to us. I suspect he is part of the reason Mitoma is having his break out season.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Leicester at home and manager admits they wanted to stop us playing . Could understand if playing City but would not be happy if Leicester fan with that approach.
2 very basic errors for there goals. Unusual for Veltman to not be closer to attacker on a long ball and amazing VH not aware player behind him.
Whilst VH mistake cost us goal I think people a little harsh. I felt apart from this he was ok and composed on ball. Also looked more dangerous than Dunk at corners.
Reminded Me of BDB. He was a bit tentative to start with. I’m sure with more game time he’ll come good.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It wasn't our best performance, but we probably should have still won... JPVH had an understandably nervy debut and both of their goals were very avoidable.

Obviously we should have been awarded the penalty, but we didn't create too much otherwise - Leicester did a bit of a job on us in that respect.

Lallana's influence on the team is huge - we are so much better with him on the pitch. Have to hope his injury isn't too serious

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Inside the king power looked well tatty.

Quite happy for Unkie Tony to syphon off cash from the player fund to keep the AMEX seats etc looking sharp.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We had better get used to the low block from all but about 6 teams imo. I was amused how we tried to draw Leicester on at the beginning of the game and the way they just stood off us. Coaches are working out how to play against RDZ, we’ll soon see just how good he really is.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
I have a feeling Mitoma could end up being talked about as one of the best players ever to wear the stripes. It is astounding to see how far he has come in such a short time under RDZ. If he was playing for Man Utd or Liverpool the press and TV would be frothing over him. Every time he gets on the ball you can feel the anticipation building and he seldom disappoints.
And Dunky was pretty damn good as well.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He cleared one off the Leicester goal line in the first half!

Other than that I agree with what you say. VH was fine, nothing spectacular, probably should have done better with their second goal but overall a solid 6 out of 10. Whether that's enough to merit a start next game I don't know.

We did enough to win without winning and it must be a little galling having to park the bus at home against Brighton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It wasn't our best performance, but we probably should have still won... JPVH had an understandably nervy debut and both of their goals were very avoidable.

Obviously we should have been awarded the penalty, but we didn't create too much otherwise - Leicester did a bit of a job on us in that respect.

Lallana's influence on the team is huge - we are so much better with him on the pitch. Have to hope his injury isn't too serious
VH's header, March's slip in front of goal, Mac A's shot and even the shot after Welbeck had been fouled. All of those were good chances and in current form would have expected a few of those to be put away.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think that was down to Ferguson's ability to "find space" as much as weak defending. In the few games he's played, again and again he has created space for himself through clever, often simple looking, movement.

This is the reason I'm excited about him. It suggests a brain to go with his physicality, great feet and tidy finishing.
No doubt. These things are rarely black or white, but somewhere in between. I was going to say that Estupinan put his cross right on Ferguson's head, but playing the vid again, it wasn't. Estupinan played the ball into the right area, but when he played it, Ferguson was on the edge of the box. He did very well to get on the end of it and then place it in the corner well away from the keeper. Rather than wait a second longer for the ball to reach him, he attacked it early.

Btw, another shout for Estupinan, who made another two assists in the match.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Apart from the chances for Solly , Mclaister , and VH , also the penalty for Welbeck

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
VH had no chance really, it hit someone just in front of him and deflected.
I agree but we did have chances. In the last few weeks that would have hit his left tit and gone in.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Great weekend up in Leicester almost spoiled by the disgraceful Lee Mason and ref team, completely inept.

Thank god for Evan. Loved the new songs.

Sad that JPVH had an absolute stinker, never looked very comfortable and probably a step too far for him at the moment but injuries necessitated his inclusion. We never look great when Dunky plays LCB either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here