Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The trouble is we went the cheap route by dipping into the foreign market to much this season. We really needed one or two seasonal Premier league players. Bournemouth brought in Wiltshire last year so it can be done.
I agree in general, but what would you think Wilshere, who has played over 100 games for Arsenal, would be on? 90k, 100k per week?

Bournemouth aren't the club they used to be, as they now have billionaire owners.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Murray and Hemed have nothing to offer at this level

I think you may be exaggerating a bit here.

Neither player has played the full 90 mins, as they've replaced each other both games.

In the Leicester game Murray had a goal disallowed, then set up Murphy for a shot that was stopped by the defender's arm. Hemed had a cracking shot saved by Schmeichel.

Yes, we need a new striker, nobody can deny that, but to say they have nothing to offer is a bit OTT.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Neither player has played the full 90 mins, as they've replaced each other both games.

In the Leicester game Murray had a goal disallowed, then set up Murphy for a shot that was stopped by the defender's arm. Hemed had a cracking shot saved by Schmeichel.

Yes, we need a new striker, nobody can deny that, but to say they have nothing to offer is a bit OTT.

The bottom line is that Murray and hemed can't play the lone striker role in the championship let alone the premier league. I can see Murray as a sub now and hemed ,sadly for him, sold.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

For me they could be the perfect link up players for Jose and/or Mr A N Other-Striker, very much the Emily Heskey to their Michael Owen.

Alternatively none of them could gel and that'll only be found out in September. :down:

Should the team bother with pre-season, next year?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The bottom line is that Murray and hemed can't play the lone striker role in the championship let alone the premier league. I can see Murray as a sub now and hemed ,sadly for him, sold.
We'd need to get at least 2 new strikers in for that to happen, maybe 3. Can't see that happening.

If we play one up front and it's Murray, we need to have someone coming through from midfield to latch onto his knockdowns. I guess at the moment CH wants Gross to do that, but so far it hasn't happened. Even 10 years ago Murray would not have been able to play up front without support as a lone striker - it's not how he plays. Would be a bit like West Brom signing a 5ft 6 forward and putting lots of crosses into the box.

Hemed would be slightly better as a lone striker, but not great.

We need to either play 2 upfront, or sign a better version of Baldock.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
For me they could be the perfect link up players for Jose and/or Mr A N Other-Striker, very much the Emily Heskey to their Michael Owen.

Quite agree.

We need to put things into prospective. We've lost our 2 opening games to previous PL winners. We have a side with 5/6 new players, some of whom have been here literally days.

I was critical of the club's lack of recruitment early in the window, and thought it was counter-productive to hold out to get the 'best deal'.

If we're rooted to the bottom of the table in 10-12 games' time, then we'll have something to (relatively) worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here