Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City (home) ratings

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didnt CH try Bruno at right back and Schelotto at right midfeld in a a game and it was a disaster.

He did, at Huddersfield away and it was................he also put Rosenior in a back 3 with Schelotto in a midfield 4 against Bournemouth in the cup. We lost that as well.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
All 7, no one particularly good or bad. Except Murray who was both good and bad.

I was thinking how could we play subs to improve our goal scoring as nobody was really below par.

I decided that to Kayal off and play Schelotto in his position and put Bruno at RB would give us the best chance ??? Kayal played OK, but he does not score many goals. Neither does Schelotto but his acceleration was causing Leicester problems.

And Proppers goal tally this season is.......? And Stephens goal tally this season is......? Thought Kayal played well, we rely too much on Murray as our goalscorer, we need more people to contribute.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Locadia was poor, it might not have been his best position but showed very little energy when tracking back and was caught offside a fair few times in the first half due to average movement. When you compared his runs to Vardy's it was like chalk and cheese. March should retain the starting spot for the game vs Huddersfield imo.

Not sure I agree about Vardy - thought he was poor. Yes he scored, but it was in the last minute on the break when we were throwing everything forward. Otherwise our defence contained him well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 6 we let in 2
Bong 5 Dont care what he did for rest of game missed a sitter and didnt jump with scorer
Duffy 6 Surely must take responsibility for yet another goal from a cross
Dunk 7 So good on ground
Scheletto Good game dont think Bruno will be back
Kayal 7 Good game. Must be managers instructions like Stevens doesnt get forward more
Propper 7 As above
Gross 6 Know goals/assists are good but o for a Mahrez/Wiltshire type that can carry ball forward
Izquierdo 6 Too one dimentional and wrong choices
Murray 4 Sorry penalty miss and also poor effort in first half Time for a change
Locadia 6 Would be tempted to play in Gross role if we get desperate for goals

Why would you criticise Duffy but not Dunk ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It amazes me how people just don't watch the game... the so-called Bong sitter was not missed goal... a free kick had already been given for a foul on the goalkeeper.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The irrelevant 2nd goal you mean, when the game was so stretched trying to find an equalizer........

I guess Bong doesn't have any previous for failing to adequately mark from crosses..............

We can learn from their second goal by running into offside positions purely as a dummy run (running to the near post but be a good idea anyway) and not expecting to get the ball straightaway and be offside. It still stretches my interpretation that Vardy was not interfering with play the beginning of the move although the ball did not reach him until later.

I think we can make use of the not so new interpretation of the offside rule. It also allows a player to stand in an offside position for an advanced throw-in. You can't be offside from a throw-in. But the downer used to be the player could be offside if the throw-in went to another player and then was played forward. Now as long as the ball does not go to the player standing offside he is not interfering with play.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2017-2018

Goals from set pieces.JPG

Newcastle are predictably up near the top for set piece goals as that is how they scored more goals than us last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here