Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester City charged with alleged PSR breach

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Breaking news.
Should have sold us KDH .
If they are docked points would that be done next season if they get promoted?
This is for last season. Selling us KDH in Jan wouldn’t have helped that. Although, we’ll have him this summer instead.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This is for last season. Selling us KDH in Jan wouldn’t have helped that. Although, we’ll have him this summer instead.
I expect they are walking a tight rope for this season as well.
Leicester’s announcement is robust but how do they think they’ll get away with it when they knew the rules and were in the Premier League last season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Although our model of selling youngsters for completely outrageous sums may now have been buggered by the new rules, I can't help but wonder if keeping our current squad (uninjured) plus a couple of reasonable signings, which we definitely have the funds for, could move us on again.

Just saying, personally I certainly wouldn't go head to head with PBOBE and TBMBE :wink:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There’s an EFL charge as well, so could be prevented from promotion.
A great situation - if you go up, you can start with minus points!
What a shambles football has got itself into - at least we can sit back and enjoy!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There’s an EFL charge as well, so could be prevented from promotion.
A great situation - if you go up, you can start with minus points!
What a shambles football has got itself into - at least we can sit back and enjoy!
I think Tony and Paul have seen this day coming and are now strategising as to how they will benefit, apart from the points deductions to competitors.
Many other clubs are on the brink of breaching this season, with Chelsea potentially being the biggest culprits if they can’t sell Big before the 30th June.
( fingers crossed that they get a big points deduction for next season)

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I expect they are walking a tight rope for this season as well.
Leicester’s announcement is robust but how do they think they’ll get away with it when they knew the rules and were in the Premier League last season.

“Robust” :lolol: , aren’t they all. Devious football clubs or people in general very rarely admit guilt. Unless in criminal courts where it yields a shorter sentence.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Leicester trying to get out of it on the grounds they aren't a premier league club, even though the time period was for 22/23.

Coming out with some big words threatening legal action. Unwisely in my opinion

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The club added they would "defend" themselves "from any unlawful acts by the football authorities, should they seek to exercise jurisdiction where they cannot do so".

Sounds like their spokesperson went to the school of Kim Jong-Un in the DPRK.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There was a good quote from Matt Slater on the Athletic Podcast today.

"The Premier League never thought anyone would get near breaching the £105m limit."

Perhaps naïve from the league but it is remarkable so many teams have clearly felt that the punishment would never come, and held the rules in complete disregard for the last three years. Leicester made £215m income in 21/22, they made a loss of £135m that season alone. Their wage bill for that season was £182m. HOW CAN YOU RUN A BUSINESS LIKE THAT?

I hope the Premier League go to town on these clubs and make sure they don't dare act like this again.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The one common theme here : Leicester, Everton and Forest all claim to be innocent!

Next up, Everton again, Man City, Chelsea and who else knows - amazing that they all claim their innocence - either they are telling porkies or the authorities are making false accusations? I'll let you decide.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Leicester have history of circumnavigating the rules. Didn’t they pull some stroke with their stadium too/end up not paying for it? Or did I just make that up?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
“Robust” :lolol: , aren’t they all. Devious football clubs or people in general very rarely admit guilt. Unless in criminal courts where it yields a shorter sentence.
Although (according to an expert on TS yesterday) Forest got two points back due to them being upfront and accepting guilt. An Everton fan was live on radio at time asking/moaning ' Why 6 for us and 4 for them' and this was the difference..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Although our model of selling youngsters for completely outrageous sums may now have been buggered by the new rules, I can't help but wonder if keeping our current squad (uninjured) plus a couple of reasonable signings, which we definitely have the funds for, could move us on again.

Just saying, personally I certainly wouldn't go head to head with PBOBE and TBMBE :wink:
Confidant this has been the plan for some time. New landscape, new rules, new opportunities. TBMBE is always one step ahead of the game.

I still expect KD-H to end up at Wet Sham or Everton, though. Hang on, not Everton. :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Their response is pathetic.

"Disappointed despite cooperating with PL even though not currently a PL club, blah blah, blah.

You broke the rules. What, you think everyone should be able to break the rules and then get off scot free just by cooperating?
And so what you're not a PL club now?

Twats.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leicester have history of circumnavigating the rules. Didn’t they pull some stroke with their stadium too/end up not paying for it? Or did I just make that up?
Leicester had a 'marketing deal' with a company which involved them paying Leicester an above-market-value sum of money for the rights sell the sponsorship of Leicester's shirts and stadium. Bizarely, this company then sold this sponsorship opportunity to King Power, the club's owner.

They got off with a fine of a few million as they'd got promoted and were out of the EFL juristiction - same as Muff when they got promoted a couple of years later. Seems like the EFL and EPL are happier to co-operate on punishments these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here