Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I don't think that that would happen, not to that extent anyway. You only have to look at recent history of clubs on parachute payments struggling to bounce back into the PL. Additionally, any remaining parachute payments from clubs promoted back to the PL get re-distributed amongst the other teams in the championship. QPR getting promoted on Saturday probably meant an increase in income of about 2.5m for BHA.

Whilst this is true you are forgetting that parachute payments have significantly increased this season so whilst we now don't know if they really benefit from payments they probably will now.

Ae you sure remaining para payments get redistributed? I thought the PL is against FFP as they want investors to be able to keep pumping money in and have threatened to withhold solidarity payments?

I know the FL keep TV money from promoted clubs so we might get a drop from that

albionite

May 20, 2009
3m for Buckley? Do you seriously think this is likely? Lol

10m for ulloa? Even less unlikely.....

Getting your 1m back for Buckley would be a great result IMO, as for ulloa, 5m at best... IMO of course.

In that case i'm glad you are not in charge of transfers.

We need to think more like Nigel fans when it comes to selling our players and the put the price up to more than they are worth.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hi guys,

From a Leicester point of view I think 7m is a bit steep.

I would think a deal of around 5m could be sealed from what I have heard.

Maybe their will be add ons if we stay up etc.

Wish all you the best for next season.

Not overly happy about the 'Palace' bit of your username Foxy! Hmmmmm....not The Last Dildo back AGAIN surely?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Hi guys,

Take it or leave it! - Do you want us to courier the contracts round?

FOXYPALACE

May 26, 2014
Guys I am not here to whind people up!

We are talking about this on Foxestalk at the moment and wanted to pop over to say hello,

Guessing by reading most of your posts he is quite popular with most of your fans.

Normally when dealing for a player buy goes in low and sellers goes in high.

Meeting in the middle is the likely ending, which i guess would be around 5m.

7m is to much in my eyes, and I really cannot see Nigel wanting to spend that much on a unproven player in the prem.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hi guys,

£7m (with add-ons) may only be too rich if you dont want him.
No reason for Albion to help you with getting a bargain and every reason to stick to our guns and make you pay through the nose. Cash+player maybe?
Good luck :lolol:

albionite

May 20, 2009

We are talking about this on Foxestalk at the moment and wanted to pop over to say hello,

Guessing by reading most of your posts he is quite popular with most of your fans.

7m is to much in my eyes, and I really cannot see Nigel wanting to spend that much on a unproven player in the prem.

Yep we get it 7m is too much for you, but he is worth more than 5m to us. In other words we would rather keep unless you pay over the odds. Its not that hard to understand

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

You are forgetting Sunderland will want him and as you are haggling the price is now £10M

FOXYPALACE

May 26, 2014
I am sure the only club to make a bid is Leicester at the moment.

Sunderland will not pay nothing like 7-10m for Ulloa.

If they do good luck to both of you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Leicester have genuinely bid £7M it will now be up to Sunderland to put in an increased offer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are you sure of that. As far as I knew any club promoted back to the Prem still receiving parachute payments then doesn't get the remainder due over the following seasons. However the money stays with the Premier League and doesn't get given to championship clubs. I would love it if your right but I don't think it is.

It is true. It was this article (link below) written this time last year about QPR that I first read about it - see the 2nd last para.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...eague-return-to-avoid-becoming-a-zombie-club-

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You are forgetting Sunderland will want him and as you are haggling the price is now £10M

Why would Sunderland want him so much that they'd be prepared to pay 10m? Connor Wickham is a better player and doesn't throw himself to the ground like a girl every 5 minutes.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
It is true. It was this article (link below) written this time last year about QPR that I first read about it - see the 2nd last para.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...eague-return-to-avoid-becoming-a-zombie-club-

Well the article is over a year old and incorrect about the FFP fines being distributed to championship clubs. That was changed last year by the Premier League that any fines would go to charity and not to the championship. The other part about parachute monies not used going to championship clubs I have never heard before but if its right thats good news.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Why would Sunderland want him so much that they'd be prepared to pay 10m? Connor Wickham is a better player and doesn't throw himself to the ground like a girl every 5 minutes.

Are you for real? I wasn't being serious - I'm all for a discussion on a messageboard but why would anyone discuss even hypothetically if we will agree to meeting halfway on a deal - even if he was Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha I don't think I or anyone on NSC have the authority to agree to it.

But in answer to your question Poyet did want Ulloa last year so he may return despite Conor Wickham finally showing himself the player they thought they bought.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am sure the only club to make a bid is Leicester at the moment.

Sunderland will not pay nothing like 7-10m for Ulloa.

If they do good luck to both of you.

I think you're forgetting that Palace bought Gayle last year for £5m and he was unproven in the Championship. Given that we don't need to sell, I really do think anything less than £7m - £8m would be bad business for us. However, as I said in an earlier post I wouldn't sell him if we are serious on going up next year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are you for real? I wasn't being serious - I'm all for a discussion on a messageboard but why would anyone discuss even hypothetically if we will agree to meeting halfway on a deal - even if he was Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha I don't think I or anyone on NSC have the authority to agree to it.

But in answer to your question Poyet did want Ulloa last year so he may return despite Conor Wickham finally showing himself the player they thought they bought.

I don't understand the first para.

Poyet hasn't made a bid for Ulloa has he? I think we just all assumed he had or that he would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports