Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legoland

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Legoland is like your sex life when married......
You wait ages for a ride.....which is quite good fun...... but over far too quickly!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'm going tomorrow. I've not been to a UK theme park for many, many years and I'm fearful of the whole experience.

Traffic permitting we'll be there early, pre-opening, ready to go.

Give me your best tips to enjoy the day or, at least, escape with my sanity. Thanks.

Bozza you don't have to go on the scary rides if you don't to :smile:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you plan to buy refreshments on site, consider re-mortgaging your house.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
We went this time last year and it was pretty awful. Long queues of an hour long for each ride, with restless and bored children to entertain. It's probably better if you buy the fast-track Q-bot though.

The lego is old, faded and tatty, but some of the rides are good. Food is very expensive and not great quality.

We definitely won't be back, though might go to the one in Denmark which I hear is much better.

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Went on a school day with ropey weather and it was excellent, nobody there and great fun, went during summer holidays last year, worse day out ever, place was rammed. Wait till next week and bunk school..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have been four times, be prepared for lots of walking as the site is large.
I'm not really a fan of theme parks like Alton Towers etc but Legoland is good fun.

A bit late now for this advice, one of my kids was in the Lego Club and they did a deal where we visited Legoland and then stayed at a nearby hotel. After a long day walking around and queuing for rides it was nice not to drive back to Sussex.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I genuinely don't want to go now, but the little people will be disappointed if we bail and I don't have a very decent alternative.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
My biggest moan about these "theme" parks is the entry cost for an adult. There should be a cheaper non-participant option.
You will spend all day waiting in queues with the kids holding the bags and coats. 20-30 minute queues for a 60 second ride.
Harbour Park in Littlehampton is quite good - £20 for an all day wrist band, very short queues and you can catch crabs as well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I genuinely don't want to go now, but the little people will be disappointed if we bail and I don't have a very decent alternative.

Suggestions:

"Sorry, kids, the car's broken down. Would you like some ice cream instead?"

"Legoland? Pah! Let's spend the day with you throwing cow pats at me. You know you'd prefer it anyway." (So will you)

Get Mrs Bozza to drive. You drink. Heavily. Promise Mrs Bozza diamonds if she comes through - it'll be worth it. Oh God, I've just thought: Mrs Bozza is going with you, right? She hasn't suckered you into taking the kids by yourself?

Seriously - get the q jumping pass. Yes, it's expensive, but you'll hate everyone just that little bit less. Less hate: priceless.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

It's not the most appealing to adults - and yes it is pricey but it'll pay dividends with grateful children.

And also consider the fact this maybe the only time you go to Legoland.

Your daughter will soon want to go to Thorpe Park/Chessington with friends whilst your son will no doubt want to be playing football whenever he possibly can. :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Another suggestion:

Get a box set of Lord of the Rings and sit them down to watch it. When they query it, say "Legoland? I thought you said 'Legolas'".

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Years ago, bought a season ticket for Legoland. Took my two kids approx 5 times that year. The ST paid for itself on the second visit. After the first visit, took a picnic thereafter. My oldest boy ( then ) was about 11. He kept moaning about not getting on rides, so one day, I picked him up from school and we went straight to Legoland. We targetted the 4-5 rides he wanted to go on and had no problem.
This shows how long it takes to get on some rides and when you travel some distance, for a ' one-off ' visit, you will have to plan to some extent, to avoid lots of frustration. Avoid the big ' time-consuming ' rides...the pirate falls, the roller coaster, boating school etc. You will find half a day gone just trying to do a couple of rides.
Go to the film show ( partic if weather a bit iffy ), go to the mini theatres, go to the water-splash area, where there are other mini rides. Take in the model village and when you want to rest your feet, let the kids loose on a play area called ' rat-trap '. They will love it. Lots of different levels etc. They will be in there for 20-30 mins, guaranteed.
There are lots of ' mini ' attractions. The big rides draw big queues and are over in the blink of an eye. Get to the marina reasonably early for one of the shows, where, if you take a picnic, you can have lunch. Again, the kids will love this all action stuff.
Far better to do 12-15 smaller things than try and do 3-4 big rides.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I havn't been during half term, but can imagine its hectic. I went mid September, grey Sunday but dry, and toyed with Q bots but decided not to.

Have a plan of action, be a real 'Clip board Joe' about it; From the rope drop, immediately head for the one ride they really want to go on. From there, we headed towards back of park, looped around and passed all the spods on the way. We left at chuck out and did everything; absolutely every ride there in there.

And it's brilliant. Loved it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I've just looked up QBot. £15, £35 or £75 per person. £300 on top of the entrance fee for us to jump the queues a bit. That is expensive!

12 (girl) and 5 (boy).

Disgraceful, you can buy a real car for that....cancel, go to the beach & go on an inset day instead

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Big sting at the exit as if memory serves me correct you access via the Lego store, still have fun but glad visits like Legoland are no longer required for me.

Cor! absolutely this. I remember leaving thinking that Lego was Danish for 'Robing B**tards'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here