Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Legoland advice

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Thanks everyone, yes we’d travel down from Halifax so free (or cheap) parking is a consideration.

I’m having flashbacks and think I may have had a ‘mucky weekend’ in a B&B in Maidenhead with a holiday romance back in the mid / late 90’s! I’ll maybe not mention this to my current partner…

I’ve also been looking at Heathrow hotels as there’s a massive over supply at the moment and they’re very competitively priced. I’m not sure though as it’s nice to be able to walk into a town / village centre rather than have to drive everywhere.

I have made the mistake of mentioning it to the in laws (who have invited themselves) so we may have to find somewhere to house a couple more, but the flipside is that they sometimes ‘splash the cash’ a bit!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks everyone, yes we’d travel down from Halifax so free (or cheap) parking is a consideration.

I’m having flashbacks and think I may have had a ‘mucky weekend’ in a B&B in Maidenhead with a holiday romance back in the mid / late 90’s! I’ll maybe not mention this to my current partner…

I’ve also been looking at Heathrow hotels as there’s a massive over supply at the moment and they’re very competitively priced. I’m not sure though as it’s nice to be able to walk into a town / village centre rather than have to drive everywhere.

I have made the mistake of mentioning it to the in laws (who have invited themselves) so we may have to find somewhere to house a couple more, but the flipside is that they sometimes ‘splash the cash’ a bit!

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hote...teldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-GB-_-HYCBK

Frankie and Benny's, Empire cinema and Next Costa Coffee opposite.
A404 straight to Windsor :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Runnymede hotel is quite nice and I bet you can get some good deals with lack of business bookings. Close to M25 but shouldn't take that long to get into Windsor, Egham etc

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I went in 1997, and I have to say it was my worst ever day at a theme park anywhere in the world, they simply let too many people in and the queues were horrendous, a minimum of 45 mins for each ride, some well over the hour mark, which means for 6/7 rides it was an 8 hour day with most of it queuing

If there is a fast pass facility get it, they do work.

As regards accommodation, apologies if fixtures, but there are some very reasonable hotels in and around Windsor.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I went in 1997, and I have to say it was my worst ever day at a theme park anywhere in the world, they simply let too many people in and the queues were horrendous, a minimum of 45 mins for each ride, some well over the hour mark, which means for 6/7 rides it was an 8 hour day with most of it queuing

If there is a fast pass facility get it, they do work.

As regards accommodation, apologies if fixtures, but there are some very reasonable hotels in and around Windsor.

Q Bot was "fast pass" pre covid. Straight to the front of every ride. We didn't get them and instead used to get there as it opened and head straight for the far side of the park while everyone else went on the first thing they saw. There's also an app that lets you track queue times.

The app is free. Q Bot needs a second mortgage.

I suspect both methods might be subject to Covid based changes so wise for the OP to check in advance.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Q Bot was "fast pass" pre covid. Straight to the front of every ride. We didn't get them and instead used to get there as it opened and head straight for the far side of the park while everyone else went on the first thing they saw. There's also an app that lets you track queue times.

The app is free. Q Bot needs a second mortgage.

I suspect both methods might be subject to Covid based changes so wise for the OP to check in advance.

"Reserve & Ride" now - up to £90 p.p, on top of the entry ticket.

https://www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-passes/extras/reserve-and-ride/

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Double check but based on how busy it gets the extra hourr in the morning for hotel guests might be worth the extra cost alone, gets stupidly busy in there! That's assuming they still do that of course!. From the people i know that have been EVERY ride queue is an hour + since lockdown, and all commented that the social distancing is a joke, but that's more to do with the guests than Lego.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Windsor is very busy at the weekends, Marlow is a nice pretty quiet village nearby, 10 km away, punto italian is good in old windsor out of town

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disney - Fast Pass gets you just two queue jumps a day.

Universal - Express Pass costs $100’s a day for a family per day, unlimited queue jumping, worth it imho.

Yep - 14 day pass close to £700pp now if you want all Disney and Universal parks included, with an extra £60pp for fastpass at Universal.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The visit to Legoland about 10 years ago was probably one of the worst experiences of my life. Closely followed by Disneyland Paris. Why, oh why, are these places considered fun ? If I wanted to queue I'd find somewhere to do it for free. Thankfully never wasted the money going Stateside and the kids are all too old now really. Awful, awful places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here