Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back [Liam Ridgewell?]

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
A left back / CB with loads of prem experience sounds a great plan for cover until Feb - Ridgewell fits the bill well

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Knowing our luck whoever it is will be injured in his first game and out for several weeks. That position is doomed I tell thee!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Well, the good news is that my point about the playing budget including players who are absent through long term injury stands to reason. Things like that are never really thought about, it's a lot of money down the pan on a weekly/monthly basis. Our fans get very uppity about the finances of other clubs and our sense of morality screams when we think a club is over spending, but here we are demanding left back signings without much of a thought to the overall budget and whether we'd be able to stay within FFP regulations.

Another question, do they remain on full pay when injured or are they contracted only to get the maximum when performing in the first team? so injury lack of form etc costs a player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do hope people are not going to get carried away in this transer window.

It is always notoriously difficult to do sensible business mid season, with clubs demanding exhorbitant fees for their contacted palyers, that is if they agree to sell at all.

I really fo think that the most we can hope for, maybe even the most that we are looking for, is a couple of players on laon for the remainder of the season.

Ridgewell and Van La Parra maybe?

I don't think it is just the injured players that need to be replaced either. We also have exhausted players who have been asked to play in every game, that could do with a well earned rest too,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here