Leeds v Football League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
It's interesting to look at the stats - as, in our case at least, they don't stack up with Cellino's argument:

Our three lowest attendances have been Rotherham, Bristol City and Blackburn. None of which televised, so presumably all driven by the league position of the opponents, and much lower away attendances.

Our three highest attendances have been Ipswich, Birmingham and Bolton - none of which televised, all Saturday kick offs.

The televised games were
- Notts Forest (broadly average attendance - despite being in peak Summer holiday season)
- Middlesbrough (well above average attendance)
- Brentford (just below average attendance but on a par with Charlton, which was on a Saturday, not televised and we were still unbeaten)

So in conclusion? Hard to say really isn't it - yes, it looks as if a few people will stay at home when we're on telly, but it doesn't seem to be hitting us hard.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/brighton/attendances

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes I DO

Not just for the FOOTBALL though. I also like the CRICKERT, the NFL and the GOLDF

I subscribed when I heard there was a program called WATERSPORTS WORLD on Sky Sports.

Waited for it to appear at 10pm one night when the wife was out. What a WASTE of a piece of liver and a swimming armband.

I was so angry I threw a brick through the TV and sent the bill to Terry Wogan.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Two games, Brentford & Bolton, and six season ticket holders.
Brentford. Only I turned up as the others all have work that would not get them to the ground in time. One pie & pint. £7.50
Bolton. All six of us. Six pies & pints for starters. Half time another eight pints (two of us like their beer) and four post match pints and a couple of burgers. £102
OK, so the club had our ST money but in another way we had paid to go to a game that we could never get too.
In any other world, lets say a concert at the Brighton Centre, if the date is changed you get a full refund. It's about time the same happened with a Sky moved game.

Not sure a concert at the brighton centre is the best example certainly in the case of season tickets. A concert you buy a ticket for a specific date. A season ticket you commit to buying long before dates are confirmed for 23 matches played whenever they happen to be played

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I subscribed when I heard there was a program called WATERSPORTS WORLD on Sky Sports.

Waited for it to appear at 10pm one night when the wife was out. What a WASTE of a piece of liver and a swimming armband.

I was so angry I threw a brick through the TV and sent the bill to Terry Wogan.

I had Aerobics Oz Style on series link, and still have over 96 hours of footage permanently stored on my planner. I have several highlights BOOKMARKED so I can skip straight to them. Special moments include a lingering lycra gusset shot of Kelly Piper, Brandine Cooper and her clearly visible SPIDER legs, and what amounts to a spectacular cameltoe MONTAGE on the closing titles at the end of Series 6.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
All of this legal challenge etc. is just bluff and bluster, nothing will happen.

However......it has raised the issue, a lot of people talking and maybe when the dust settles some note may be made. Just depends if other fans / clubs add their voices for a different deal.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not overly keen on some of the changes to kick off times but that's the price you pay for having a broadcaster involved. We get £4.5million from TV deals. I honestly don't know what people expect. The league sacrifice total control of fixtures and are compensated by TV for that, ie the money the clubs get.

If you subscribe to Sky then you are buying into that philosophy.

Kellie

Aug 11, 2014
I've heard [MENTION=29916]Kellie[/MENTION] was on Page 3 yesterday

I remember when you were more than happy for me to wrap up your sausage up in Page 3.Do you remember how excited you got and how grubby it looked when all the ink had rubbed off the page? Ah, happier times. I'm not bitter any more, you really ought to move on too now that your intensive treatment is over and you've finally been given the all clear by the clap clinic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports