Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Derby

Jimmy Grimble

Derby showed a marked lack of commitment and ability tonight.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Randomly (I know) have no problem with Leeds. Would like them back in the top league where they belong and a thorn in the side of the like of the other United etc...

Palace is a given, but I've always disliked Southampton more than Portsmouth,

Anyway back to the game, enjoyed that. Can't STAND Derby.

Leeds 'belong' wherever they end up. You've heard the gag:

How many Leeds does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to bang on endlessly about how good the old bulb was.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is it controversial to say I think their team is as good as ours ?

No not controversial, but utter bollocks. That said, I watched the game, well... most, well some of it, I fell asleep for quite a chunk of it. I wasn't to bothered who won/lost this, it has little bearing on us presently. Leeds look good which shows how good Gary Monk is. Derby looked poor, which I am glad about as they were my nap to push us. So all in all a pretty level type evening of Championship footy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Is it controversial to say I think their team is as good as ours ?
No chance....our wingers,strikers,defenders are way better and the only let down in our side is the midfield but with kayal returning that will be a huge bonus....This is why we don't control games especially away.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The fans signing ' we are going up' and the commentators saying things like 'they will get there'

I think I'll stick with the bookies view where their chances of promotion are assessed as about 20%

Yet some of our clever fans show their knowledge and wisdom with the belief we are already promoted.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I only saw the second half but certainly it looked a very different Leeds style of performance than our match down here. They simply didn't give Derby any time or space.

I would be very worried if we didn't have the two game advantage on them but I also have more faith in this Brighton team not to worry so much about what's going on behind them in the league. Take care of our own results and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

If we're in the same position come March 18th when we face them then I expected our steely eyed determination to see us through.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No chance....our wingers,strikers,defenders are way better and the only let down in our side is the midfield but with kayal returning that will be a huge bonus....This is why we don't control games especially away.

Huh? Stephens, Norwood, Sidwell, Knocky, Murphy, Skalak, March are a let down?

And we've lost one away game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Actually the more I think of this the more I wonder what you are watching. You say our wingers are good, they are midfielders. So that means you aren't confident with our central midfield. Can I remind you we have lost 7 times home and away in the past 72 or so? Can I also remind you we have lost twice this season with literally the best home and away records in the division? Where are you coming from? Please tell me. This for me is the most ridiculous post I have seen for many a year on this forum. Please tell me I'm wrong.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Actually the more I think of this the more I wonder what you are watching. You say our wingers are good, they are midfielders. So that means you aren't confident with our central midfield. Can I remind you we have lost 7 times home and away in the past 72 or so? Can I also remind you we have lost twice this season with literally the best home and away records in the division? Where are you coming from? Please tell me. This for me is the most ridiculous post I have seen for many a year on this forum. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I've seen worst posts to be honest. E.g. We are going to sign Chris Martin

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've seen worst posts to be honest. E.g. We are going to sign Chris Martin

Well, I'll give you that, but there are rumours and outright stupidity. How on earth can anyone claim...

Seriously? Is it a 'look at me' post?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought island head was going to explode his volcano. Derby made Leeds look good.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Huh? Stephens, Norwood, Sidwell, Knocky, Murphy, Skalak, March are a let down?

And we've lost one away game.
The central midfield is our weakish spot.....we haven't controlled games like last season but we're far more ruthless in fron of goal.
Norwood is to defensive and I'd prefer Stephens and sidwell til kayal is back :)

We miss the energy through the middle and that's the only small fault and I mean small as we're flying :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
2 in hand of Derby in 7th and 14 points ahead

This is how i'm looking at it - I know we don't want the playoffs this year but cement our top 6 place first, then start dreaming of the top two. If we can end up winning our games in hand, then perhaps i'll stop sweating.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The central midfield is our weakish spot.....we haven't controlled games like last season but we're far more ruthless in fron of goal.
Norwood is to defensive and I'd prefer Stephens and sidwell til kayal is back :)

We miss the energy through the middle and that's the only small fault and I mean small as we're flying :)

But we defend from the top, our midfield line, whoever is playing is solid, we have lost twice this season and conceded the least, that isn't just down to our back line, I still don't get it, sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here