Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds united

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Mooy joined Brighton on loan, but not before signing a new three-year deal with relegated Huddersfield. There is both a recall clause and an pre-agreed transfer fee in the structure of loan deal.

:thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
An option to buy? really? You say that as if it is fact. Nowhere have l read that that is the case. An awful lot of supposition going on here l feel.

Mooy's agent said it in the Australian press. There was a link on Nsc last week.
Mooy can't play for another team this season in any case.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Still don't see how the discussions are the same. Ours is - can/will we pay the fee that may or may not have been prearranged this January or take a chance on waiting until the summer. Leeds discussion is if we go up and can afford the big fee we would demand, would Brighton be prepared to sell a player they have invested a lot of time and money in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Still don't see how the discussions are the same. Ours is - can/will we pay the fee that may or may not have been prearranged this January or take a chance on waiting until the summer. Leeds discussion is if we go up and can afford the big fee we would demand, would Brighton be prepared to sell a player they have invested a lot of time and money in.

...at the end of the day everyone has their price. White is an untried defender at our level and may or may not come off...however, if Leeds do go up and they have lots of money to slash, on previous examples that would appear to be the case, then if they come in with stupid money we may be tempted...especially if dunk and Webster ( and burn) are the preferred options maybe for next year too.

I do not think central defence is our priority with 3 very capable people there and also with cover if needs be.

If we can secure Mooy which is a big IF especially if he continues to play the way he is, I can see him going to a far bette side than us with bigger resources, then that will certainly be the missing link of an class flair attacking midfielder we have been looking for, for ages. I just hope we are not going to get into a bidding war with other more cash rich clubs for his signature as Huddersfield will be looking to maximise their investment.

But of course this is all supposition as no one here, as much as everyone likes to think they know the ins and outs , has a a clue about any of this.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
How on earth is it the same? One is a 29 year old player playing a division above his host club and who was made to sign a new contract in order to protect his resale value. The other is a 22 year old at a Championship club for experience with over 2 years left on his contract.

I thought his deal runs out in the summer of 2021? Hope I am wrong?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If we can secure Mooy which is a big IF especially if he continues to play the way he is, I can see him going to a far bette side than us with bigger resources, then that will certainly be the missing link of an class flair attacking midfielder we have been looking for, for ages. I just hope we are not going to get into a bidding war with other more cash rich clubs for his signature as Huddersfield will be looking to maximise their investment.

Where do you think Mooy would or could go? Given he’s 29...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...at the end of the day everyone has their price. White is an untried defender at our level and may or may not come off...however, if Leeds do go up and they have lots of money to slash, on previous examples that would appear to be the case, then if they come in with stupid money we may be tempted...especially if dunk and Webster ( and burn) are the preferred options maybe for next year too.

I do not think central defence is our priority with 3 very capable people there and also with cover if needs be.

But of course this is all supposition as no one here, as much as everyone likes to think they know the ins and outs , has a a clue about any of this.

How long is left on his Hudds contract?

As an aside, I’m hopeful we sign him. I don’t think he will go to another big club as he lacks pace and is knocking on a bit. And I hope we will be his preferred club as he clearly knows he will be on the team sheet if he’s fit.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If we can secure Mooy which is a big IF especially if he continues to play the way he is, I can see him going to a far bette side than us...

I can't.

There aren't that many far better teams than us out there. Arguably 'Big 6' minus Arsenal at the moment, but plus Leicester.

As for everyone else, they're much the same or worse than us on any given day.

Mooy to stay. It's working out nicely for all concerned. :smile:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Virtually every major media outlet is linking White to Liverpool and Chelsea now, so even if Leeds went up, him joining them is far from likely.

Also, the situations are entirely different for reasons stated many, many times :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How long is left on his Hudds contract?

As an aside, I’m hopeful we sign him. I don’t think he will go to another big club as he lacks pace and is knocking on a bit. And I hope we will be his preferred club as he clearly knows he will be on the team sheet if he’s fit.

I reckon because he doesn’t have pace he can play for 4-5 years comfortably.

‘Getting on a bit’ at 29. I know in footballing teams you’re right but it made me smile. God how I’d like to feel like I did at 29 instead of 59

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
682077087-912x509.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here