[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Big plate as well, assuming you are staying somewhere with a cooked breakfast?

custom alan GIF
Remember to the use the sausage as a breakwater. The beans otherwise are too close to the eggs. He may want to mix them, but he wants that to be his choice.

Fifth Column

Jul 5, 2021
131456-3e8fb6c406dd60f15e3dc6bce28c8417.jpg
134297-39f6512e6e3b71ea26a0c094f44221c2.jpg

Leeds v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
Elland Road
Date: Saturday 11th March 2023
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Adam Nunn

TEAM NEWS

Leeds will evaluate Rodrigo and Luis Sinisterra, who have resumed training after injury lay-offs, though head coach Javi Gracia has indicated the pair won't be risked unless fully fit.

Fellow forward Patrick Bamford will also be monitored after missing the defeat at Chelsea with a leg problem.

Brighton full-back Tariq Lamptey, who was forced off against West Ham with a knee issue, faces a fitness test.

Centre-back Levi Colwill may come back into contention after a muscle injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Leeds have won just one of their past 12 league games against Brighton (D2, L9), failing to score in nine of those fixtures.
  • Brighton are unbeaten in all five of their Premier League meetings with Leeds (W3, D2), conceding just one goal in total.
Leeds
  • Victory against Southampton on 25 February in Javi Gracia's first match in charge is Leeds' only win in their last 12 league games (D4, L7).
  • The Whites are vying to win consecutive home Premier League home fixtures for just the second time since the start of last season.
  • Victory would also see Gracia become the first Leeds manager to win his first two top-flight home matches in charge since Jimmy Armfield in October 1974.
  • They have 22 points after 25 league matches, one point fewer than at the same stage of last season.
Albion
  • Despite having only played 23 Premier League games, Brighton's total of 43 goals is their joint-highest figure in a top-flight season since 1981-82, and only 11 short of the club record set in 1980-81.
  • A 12th league win of the campaign would equal their highest tally in a Premier League season, set in 2021-22.
  • The Seagulls have failed to score in just one of their 11 away league matches this season and are unbeaten in their last five top-flight fixtures on the road.
  • They have registered 136 shots on target in the Premier League this season compared to 75 faced, a difference of 61 - only Manchester City boast a higher positive difference.
  • Brighton have won all six league games this season against teams currently in the bottom five.
  • Only three of their last 18 Premier League goals have been netted in the first half.

Roberto De Zerbi's Leeds Press Conference

Long shot but... I used to coach one of the Brighton subs for a few years and still in touch with his family. His dad got me four tickets for the match today and I offered three to some teenage fans... then this morning found out I've only got three tickets allocated and I can't let those teens down so I'm going to be meeting them at Elland Road, giving them the tickets and then leaving again UNLESS I can get another ticket for myself from somewhere. If anyone has a ticket and can meet at the ground I'll happily pay cash. joejfdobson@Gmail.com Bit gutted that I won't get to see him play but that's life.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Where’s everyone drinking today - was going to the Drysalters but it’s shutdown.there’s an away bar in the ground they reckon but maybe better in town .
Some will drink in the 'spoons in Leeds station. Surely there’s better alternatives though

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Long shot but... I used to coach one of the Brighton subs for a few years and still in touch with his family. His dad got me four tickets for the match today and I offered three to some teenage fans... then this morning found out I've only got three tickets allocated and I can't let those teens down so I'm going to be meeting them at Elland Road, giving them the tickets and then leaving again UNLESS I can get another ticket for myself from somewhere. If anyone has a ticket and can meet at the ground I'll happily pay cash. joejfdobson@Gmail.com Bit gutted that I won't get to see him play but that's life.
Well worth asking at the Leeds ticket office if they’ve got any for sale in the away end

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I’d definitely fancy us winning comfortably if Jesse Marsh was still managing them, but now they’ve got a new manager in we might lose with them benefiting from the new manager bounce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Petrol 144.7, at ASDA, possibly the only victory today, - get in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports