Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Listened on radio, sounded like we should’ve won. Warren saying 2 points dropped. One of my faves Welbeck missed a good chance, if that boy could finish he’d be a hell of a player.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Listened on radio, sounded like we should’ve won. Warren saying 2 points dropped. One of my faves Welbeck missed a good chance, if that boy could finish he’d be a hell of a player.
I never have any faith he’s going to finish a chance, his goals always seem to be unexpected ones… the long ranger vs West Ham and the flick and volley.

He doesn’t have the composure, he never did even as a younger player that’s why he found himself out wide a lot.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
On way back to Leeds Station. No way we get Europe if we keep dropping points against these teams when we keep outplaying them. Yet again huge missed big chances to make the game safe.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It’s very positive that Fulham has been the only loss this year so far and results are still very decent.

It does feel a little bit like we’ve gone off the boil a bit though. Like we’ve scraped a few games, drawn when we might have won before. Players maybe not at their best.

I don’t think it’s a problem at all yet, maybe more a little concerning though.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Genuinely, what defensive game plan? Explain to me what they did? They sat deep and played on the counter, but they didn’t do it well, a team like Brentford for example away did it to us perfectly and we didn’t create much at all, Leeds were crap defensively.

We could have scored 6 or 7 and that’s no exaggeration, if a team give away that many chances they certainly haven’t defended well, we were just extremely wasteful.

That being said, we also defended poorly and made the game more complicated by giving away possession in dangerous areas over and over again.What they did was box in our pivot
Genuinely, what defensive game plan? Explain to me what they did? They sat deep and played on the counter, but they didn’t do it well, a team like Brentford for example away did it to us perfectly and we didn’t create much at all, Leeds were crap defensively.

We could have scored 6 or 7 and that’s no exaggeration, if a team give away that many chances they certainly haven’t defended well, we were just extremely wasteful.

That being said, we also defended poorly and made the game more complicated by giving away possession in dangerous areas over and over again.
What they did was box in our pivot really well realising that’s the basis of our attacks.
Four men around Caicedo/Gross meaning it was very difficult to play it forward in our usual way.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Two dropped for me.

Many were clearly knackered in the last 20 minutes and Leeds had 3 more fresh sets of legs than us as they actually unitised their bench.

I think RDZ should have freshened it up even for the last 10 minutes and at least put Sarmiento on to inject some pace and creativity.

We’ve been here before with substations or a lack of

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Winning at home and drawing away is famously enough to win the league.

If you can't see how Leeds had a defensive game plan against us today, and how it worked, then it's probably a shame that there will be no analyses on MOTD tonight...

As we get better and our reputation grows, expect to see similar performances like this against us... just like all the other top teams experience, who also drop points in this kind of fixture.

It's not that we played badly, at all, it's just they were set out to stop us - and it largely worked. We would have won if it weren't for two goals that, to be honest, we should have defended against better.
I didn't feel they set out to be defensive - they attacked at speed whenever they got the ball. What they refrained from doing was rushing in when we had the ball at the back - hence our midfield wasn't what it has been. That wasn't defensive so much as patient.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Welbeck is a useful player but his scoring record throughout his career demonstrates he is not a top class scorer. Ferguson is still learning his game.

Also I have said before that Ali Mac and Pascal should swap positions. Arguably Ali’s finishing against Palace and Leeds have cost four points.

We have thrown away seven points in recent matches

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’ll take it, not great, not too bad either… no real need to rake over the finer details… indeed, a point at Elland Road is worth two in the bush or some such bollocks.

This is the PL remember, look at Liverpool for Christ’s sake… 7-0 victory to a limp 1-0 away at the bottom of the league club, and some are getting down about a near victory away at a Leeds team already fighting to stay up… make no mistake, we’re good, very good but not impervious to the odd dip and bump… ride it out and KEEP THE FAITH.

Onward to Wednesday and victory.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What they did was box in our pivot really well realising that’s the basis of our attacks.
Four men around Caicedo/Gross meaning it was very difficult to play it forward in our usual way.
It sounded like we tried to mitigate this by playing a wider attack. We did score two goals - it was more about stopping people from scoring. Letting in two goals wasn’t the best but overall I don’t think the two points dropped will be much of an issue at the end of the weekend’s matches.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Two dropped for me.

Many were clearly knackered in the last 20 minutes and Leeds had 3 more fresh sets of legs than us as they actually unitised their bench.

I think RDZ should have freshened it up even for the last 10 minutes and at least put Sarmiento on to inject some pace and creativity.

We’ve been here before with substations or a lack of
The options on our bench are electric, but without them we lacked a certain spark

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Good point away to a team playing much better under a new manager and a day when we weren’t at our best.

Also highlighted our lack of depth - very inexperienced bench with no one other than Welbeck I’d have trusted to come on in such a tight and well contested game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here