Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

like i said on another thread, we are a club of two teams. either be 5-0 to us or 5-2 to you lot. but 3pm on a saturday is a treat and a bit of old time normality.

I’ve noticed how well you do against ‘bottom 8’ clubs, where we draw, you win. Pretty impressive to be honest.

However, if a team sits back and hits you on the break with top class attackers (Man Utd, Spuds, Leicester) you generally get smashed, these are tactics that Biesla just can’t or more likely, won’t counter.

Your problem is that teams don’t necessarily need a top class forward line to do this to you, Palace also sorted you out using this tactic and I suspect West Ham did too?

I’m hoping that Potter has noted this. Although we are missing our fastest and arguably most effective attacking players today (Lamptey, Welbeck & Connolly), we still have some pace up front and creativity behind which could allow us to play on the counter. Should be a very interesting game.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
I’ve noticed how well you do against ‘bottom 8’ clubs, where we draw, you win. Pretty impressive to be honest.

However, if a team sits back and hits you on the break with top class attackers (Man Utd, Spuds, Leicester) you generally get smashed, these are tactics that Biesla just can’t or more likely, won’t counter.

Your problem is that teams don’t necessarily need a top class forward line to do this to you, Palace also sorted you out using this tactic and I suspect West Ham did too?

I’m hoping that Potter has noted this. Although we are missing our fastest and arguably most effective attacking players today (Lamptey, Welbeck & Connolly), we still have some pace up front and creativity behind which could allow us to play on the counter. Should be a very interesting game.

‘Cough’....and Crawley did exactly the same against a strong Leeds line up whilst Bielsa scratched his head!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please please please let this be the game Bamford turns back into the donkey I thought he was pre season :smile:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Love the Pro Evo style badge for Leeds :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t call this at all. Far more nervous about this than any game recently, don’t think there will be a middle ground - one team is going to hand the other a beating. If we get thrashed, I’ll be avoiding all Albion social media for a while [emoji23]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Happy with a draw tbh . At least we get our name in the hat for the next round and a chance turn them over at our place in the replay.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Can’t call this at all. Far more nervous about this than any game recently, don’t think there will be a middle ground - one team is going to hand the other a beating. If we get thrashed, I’ll be avoiding all Albion social media for a while [emoji23]

This is how i feel. Leeds are hot & cold, we are just tepid luke warm 99% of the time but if Leeds play like they did v Crawley we have as much a chance as Crawley as handing out a beating however Leeds are capable of overrunning teams and tearing the opposition a new one and we could be ripe for that scenario too.

SEAAAGGGGGUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

0-0 then?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We will score at least one goal from a Sanchez boot out to either Tau or Trossard after a Leeds 9 man attack , all's we have to do is keep a clean sheet and this one is in the bag :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Leeds B&B brother in law says that they are worried about our set piece moves and corners because of our height. I put him right about Solly March and missed crosses.
Very interesting game and, as mentioned, could be a big score either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here