Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United - away

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’ve always walked from the train station, it’s about a 20 minute walk. The shuttle buses I’ve not used before but when walking to the ground you will pass the big queue for these.
Many thanks - I did have a look at walking, but the 'away ground' websites say it's around 40 minutes. Having looked on google maps following your post, it says it's 2.1 miles. So - that's probably somewhere in between the two for me!

I might think about staying over actually - Leeds on a Saturday night might be quite interesting.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Come see my brother?

Attachments

• 77D5A36B-588A-4731-951B-A56812F20F4B.jpeg
    77D5A36B-588A-4731-951B-A56812F20F4B.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 42

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This is good news.

I've always driven before - but prefer the train. What are these shuttle buses like - especially getting away from the ground (hiding my scarf and my accent of course)?
Used the bus last season for the first time (usually walk or get a cab).

Worked very smoothly, queue cleared in about 10 mins

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is good news.

I've always driven before - but prefer the train. What are these shuttle buses like - especially getting away from the ground (hiding my scarf and my accent of course)?
Used them a couple of times, very efficient. Walked back to the city centre last season though, around 40/45 mins.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
410 left, although odd that they seem to not be selling some of the Lower Tier back and front rows. Maybe these will get released if we shift this lot?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
For those planning on walking to the ground, follow the lads with flared trousers as a rule. Fancy some of them got back to the station in 20 minutes after the game. (Parts 1 and 2)

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
410 left, although odd that they seem to not be selling some of the Lower Tier back and front rows. Maybe these will get released if we shift this lot?
Imagine that they’re holding back on the lower tier back row as if/when these get sold that would mean those who selected the upper tier front row would then have to stand all game

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Have done Leeds away 5 or 6 times and have always made a weekend of it

Normally stayed at the Jury Inn and close enough to everything for a decent night out

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Many thanks - I did have a look at walking, but the 'away ground' websites say it's around 40 minutes. Having looked on google maps following your post, it says it's 2.1 miles. So - that's probably somewhere in between the two for me!

I might think about staying over actually - Leeds on a Saturday night might be quite interesting.
It's a very good night out! A mix of decent resturants, bars and pubs especially in the canal area behind the station. Something for everyone and the centre is quite compact so easy to get around

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Recommend the Northern Monk brewery pub about 5 mins walk from the canal on the south side of the station. My eldest lad and Albion fan lives by the canal and we shall all be partaking there at some point that weekend.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire

I live in Leeds. Think its a bit longer than 20 mins from train station - more like 40 mins and its a horrible walk along very busy A roads

Never got shuttle - I always drive. Perhaps get a taxi?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
102 left, these last few are very slowly going.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tried to buy myself a ticket to the match but because my 5 match home ban doesn't finish until after the Fulham home game I can't buy an away ticket until Monday for any future away game Supporter Services informed me last week.
You might still be lucky. What was the 5 match ban for?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Great news to hear we’ve got the full allocation.
Have to say, the Leeds fans do make a lot of noise inside Elland Road. One of the better atmosphere in the Premier League
Whereas in the championship and beyond they close off swathes of the stands due to lack of interest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here