Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds sack Javi Gracia - Allardyce appointed for last 4 matches

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had a glance at the Leeds forum. What astonishes me is their entitlement and complete lack of humility, despite having been gash for absolutely ages. Not so long ago they were dossing in League One, but many of their fans genuinely believe they are a good manager away from being title contenders - because they’re a “huge club”.

View attachment 160431

Others are positing that they are quite literally under a voodoo curse, or that Venus wasn’t in conjunction with Zargon IV on the day the future Champions of Europe™ (but not really) were founded…

View attachment 160432
View attachment 160433

Their fans are beyond parody.

Aside from being the most thuggish, consistently homophobic and Neanderthal fans I’ve ever encountered, they are clearly looney tunes.
‘Small club with no history’. Such a Leeds thing to say. We’re a medium-big club with over 120 years history thanks pal…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Already fitting in perfectly with Leeds - comparing himself to Pep, Klopp, Arteta:

‘"It's all there with me. They do what they do, I do what I do. In terms of knowledge and depth of knowledge, I'm up there with them. I'm not saying I'm better than them, but certainly as good as they are."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had a glance at the Leeds forum. What astonishes me is their entitlement and complete lack of humility, despite having been gash for absolutely ages. Not so long ago they were dossing in League One, but many of their fans genuinely believe they are a good manager away from being title contenders - because they’re a “huge club”.

View attachment 160431

Others are positing that they are quite literally under a voodoo curse, or that Venus wasn’t in conjunction with Zargon IV on the day the future Champions of Europe™ (but not really) were founded…

View attachment 160432
View attachment 160433

Their fans are beyond parody.

Aside from being the most thuggish, consistently homophobic and Neanderthal fans I’ve ever encountered, they are clearly looney tunes.
And this, ladies & gentlemen, is why we should ALL want Leeds Utd to go down and stay down for another 10+ years…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Already fitting in perfectly with Leeds - comparing himself to Pep, Klopp, Arteta:

‘"It's all there with me. They do what they do, I do what I do. In terms of knowledge and depth of knowledge, I'm up there with them. I'm not saying I'm better than them, but certainly as good as they are."
He’s back, and seemingly back on the pints of wine!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So that’s Allardyce, Warnock, Hodgson and Dyche. Who’s next?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"I'm 68 but there's nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not [Mikel] Arteta," he said.

No self-awareness whatsoever. Solid entertainment !
Part of me thinks this is some huge giant whoosh.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"I'm 68 but there's nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not [Mikel] Arteta," he said.

This press conference definitely won't be clipped and memed to hell and back when Pep's City absolutely batters Leeds. Nope. Can't see that happening at all.

What an absolute buffoon.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This press conference definitely won't be clipped and memed to hell and back when Pep's City absolutely batters Leeds. Nope. Can't see that happening at all.

What an absolute buffoon.
On a slightly serious note, I'm a bit concerned for the safety of the City players. Sam will have them worked up to a Leeds frenzy.

'Kick the kids off the park. Take no prisoners lads. Ball and player into the stands'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
‘Small club with no history’. Such a Leeds thing to say. We’re a medium-big club with over 120 years history thanks pal…

To be fair @sheebo, I think we are a medium sized club, like so many others and had a history in the third level, save for few years in the early 80's. I've had to accept over the years that football is played and defined by leagues and league positions.

At this moment in time we are the eighth best team in England and Leeds are 17th and I believe that will change in the next few weeks and seriously wouldn't want to be any other team in the country :thumbsup:

The future is all that really matters and I I'm pretty sure that Leeds will look back to this week and being so close to us as one of their highlights :wink:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That press conference smacked of an old man who's starting to lose his marbles a bit, spouting some rubbish and just generally pleased to have someone to talk to. It also comes across that he's getting a lot of money for not very much.

That quote about being as good as Pep or Klopp. f*** off. I'm terrified he'll keep them up. They are made for each other.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When fans start harping on about being a big club you can almost immeadiatley file them under the middle of the road ordinary type club.

The real big clubs don’t need fans to utter those words. It’s ingrained in the club already.
When fans start talking about how big their club is it invariably means the club was good a few decades ago and is shit now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Part of me thinks this is some huge giant whoosh.
This……’hahaha, half a mil guaranteed - possibly 3 mil - for 4 games of football (one month’s work) where even if we lose no-one will blame me because I’m taking on a shitshow. Suckers. Another pint of Chardonnay my good man 😀

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Absolutely bloody marvellous scenes. :lolol:

Bernard Manning for the club do at the end of the season anyone?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On a slightly serious note, I'm a bit concerned for the safety of the City players. Sam will have them worked up to a Leeds frenzy.

'Kick the kids off the park. Take no prisoners lads. Ball and player into the stands'.
I'm even more concerned for Big Sam tbh. He's out of breath and sweating buckets just sat down talking into a microphone. I'm not sure his health can take bellowing at players from the touchline anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here