Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds have another striker

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Sam, Watt, Becchio, McCormack, Paynter and maybe Somma are all going to be involved this season so wouldn't of thought so.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Sam, Watt, Becchio, McCormack, Paynter and maybe Somma are all going to be involved this season so wouldn't of thought so.

Erm...well I guess that means that the other two will not be then, as has been pointed out?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
No chance Grella being let go of. Grayson rates him, plus he scored a hatful during pre season. Only not playing cos he is suspended.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yeah sanchez watt is alreayd on loan to us.

the only striker we have that'd be sent out i think would be tom elliot and he is already at rotherham for 6 months. think the rest of them feature highly in grayson's plans.

optimus prime

Aug 5, 2010
No chance Grella being let go of. Grayson rates him, plus he scored a hatful during pre season. Only not playing cos he is suspended.

He's been available this season but Grayson didn't rate him enough to start, came on as a sub once.
http://www.leedsunited.com/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10273~46403,00.html

Only 3 1st team League Starts last season & no 1st team league starts the season before. I read Grayson's program notes for the Derby & Millwall games & don't recall Grella getting a mention. IMO opinion he's a long way down the pecking order.

Leeds will have Gradel back from suspension & once Snodgrass is fit I think they'll have a glut of wide players & may let some out on loan to trim the wage bill.

I think Ken Bates is the type of bloke to hold a grudge, not sure Gus's comments in program on the 21.11.09 will have put Gus in Ken's good graces.

Today we face top of the table Leeds United. This is a massive game, and I am sure you will give us your full support. We are expecting a sell-out crowd and I am sure that the players will thrive with your backing.

As my former club, I would like to welcome Leeds United to Withdean this afternoon: chairman Ken Bates, manager Simon Grayson, the club's directors, staff, players and supporters. As most people will know I was at Leeds for a spell as assistant manager, and I have good memories and made plenty of friends there, many of whom it will be good to see today.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify what Ken Bates wrote in the Leeds United programme, after the appointment of Simon Grayson as manager. I have always had a great relationship with Ken, at Leeds and Chelsea, but he said that I was never in consideration to become the new Leeds United manager, because my wife was settled in Kent, and not willing to move up to Leeds. That was totally untrue. Either Ken Bates, or his informant, was not telling the truth.

I am sure Leeds United under Simon Grayson will return to where they want to be, and I wish them the best in that quest, but first we will make sure they have a tough match here at Withdean this afternoon.

Last edited:

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
Don't get your Grella's and Gradel's mixed up

Gradel is the little black player from Leicester who is a good player.
Grella is the little known American who said he wants to go out on loan this season to get some game time like Somma did last season at Lincoln.

I mentioned to a friend the other week that Brighton should make a move for Mike Grella.
He's full of running, good footwork, although he's rather lighweight.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Don't get your Grella's and Gradel's mixed up

Gradel is the little black player from Leicester who is a good player.
Grella is the little known American who said he wants to go out on loan this season to get some game time like Somma did last season at Lincoln.

I mentioned to a friend the other week that Brighton should make a move for Mike Grella.
He's full of running, good footwork, although he's rather lighweight.

Sounds similar to Holroyd in those aspects

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here