Leeds Game

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
It was the first league game I have been to this season and I thought we played like a decent team!
Jake played well but I think he should be out on the wing with Bas down the middle.
One thing I had noticed is how tired the team looked at the end, a friend of mine has started to do some with the team as a sports scientist and I think it just shows that until Falmer we can't afford the small differences that other teams use, which could give us an advantage.
Set pieces were pretty good I thought no reason why we shouldn't be around the play offs this season.
Leeds will probaby win the league this year I think, if they hadn't been deducted 15 points they would be 10 points clear already!
Looks positive to me

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The big question is...will you be at the NEXT home game? If we got 8,600 every home game then financially we'd be so better off.

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Well I have supported the club all my life and had a season ticket at the Goldstone for 7 years and 2 at Withdean, unfortunatly I can't afford 17£ plus the extra on programmes etc as I'm a student and I live in Chichester now.
If I was looking at a tenner I probably would but at the moment I can't afford to. Fozzie if you would like to buy my ticket for me I would love to be there each week didn't really appreciate the post, I like to think myself more then just an extra fan!
As it is I think I'm doing well in going to the games I've been to (two pre seasons) with limited money.
Surely the club would rather people in a similar position to me came and sold out rather then having 5,000 paying the full price?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That's a question for Insider but if they started reducing the price then I (as a season ticket holder having paid full price for a North Stand seat) wouldn't be that impressed. Having said that, getting people into Withdean must be a priority and if reducing the price is what it takes to get people like yourself into the ground then so be it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"Where were they when we were shit?" Oh hang on. ???

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well I have supported the club all my life and had a season ticket at the Goldstone for 7 years and 2 at Withdean, unfortunatly I can't afford 17£ plus the extra on programmes etc as I'm a student and I live in Chichester now.
If I was looking at a tenner I probably would but at the moment I can't afford to. Fozzie if you would like to buy my ticket for me I would love to be there each week didn't really appreciate the post, I like to think myself more then just an extra fan!
As it is I think I'm doing well in going to the games I've been to (two pre seasons) with limited money.
Surely the club would rather people in a similar position to me came and sold out rather then having 5,000 paying the full price?

Walsall game for you then at a fiver

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Barnet game was a tenner.

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
I have supported albion when we were very shit, as a young lad the likes of Pete Smith were my heroes when I grew up and used to love going over to the Goldstone visit my Grandma and then go watch the game.
There is no atmosphere at Withdean and the whole experience is nothing to how the Goldstone was. I know things will change when we get Falmer but until then the fans like me who have to spend the money will go to the big games.
Reducing ticket prices is a start and I was going to go to the Barnet game but I was at uni till 6 and it was Barnet si I didn't.
The fact of the matter is Students, OAP's have less money avaliable to spend and £20 is alot of money added to the travel expenses etc.
I'm sure most of you work and look at spending 25£ is not going to break the bank but to me its alot of money!
All you super fans surely wouldn't mind the club reducing prices to get the crowd up!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I reckon the East should be £15. It's hardly ever occupied, a long way from the pitch but it would also allow those who are sometimes 'a bit short' to afford the occasional game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As someone has commented further up, the Walsall match is FIVE POUNDS for students.*

*but you have to buy them in person, and Booley lives in Chi.

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Well I'm gonna make the effort to get to the Walsall game for sure its offers like that which make me want and simlar minded people, to make the trip over.
I just find it funny that some people can comment not know what circumstance people are in at the time.
And Jimmy Saville, Pete Smith was most definalty not gash.... He played for canvey Island as well, lol.
I can't wait till Falmer is built and hopefully I will have a job where I will be able to go to watch, and I hope the kids will be able to get the same experience as I had but hopefully not at the bottom of Div 3.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A very fair summation Booley. I was going to offer you my train ticket as I don't use it at the weekends (Hove - Chi - Hove), but I would have trouble getting it to you when I am back in Hove on a Friday. :dunce:

Peter Smith was one of my favourite players and he rightly scooped Player of the Season fending of so many worthy candidates. :jester: He looked like he still had it at the Mayo Testimonial. I remember he didn't seem to know where the ball was going to go when he was running with it, so obviously the opponents wouldn't have a hope in hell.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The big question is...will you be at the NEXT home game? If we got 8,600 every home game then financially we'd be so better off.

Be grateful he came to the game at all.

Well done mate, we need you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ps On the subject of the Leeds game, I saw Paphitis in Brighton in the morning and then think I saw him getting out of a Rolls at Withdean, although it was a long way off. A guest of DK and the board or just a spectator?

Peter Smith? Tried hard but was gash I'm afraid. Shows how bad we were in those days if somebody like him was player of the season: that still beggars belief.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Peter Smith did have one very good season and, as often happens with PoS, won it because of his wholehearted effort rather than supreme skill. Good for him.

He also visited, along with Kevin McGaragal, my lad when he was laid up in hospital and that gave him an enormous boost in his recovery and we are all so grateful for that. We still have the signed football they gave him, on display.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports