Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds beam back £10 inc pie & pint

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why doesn't the club use the seven stars bar also?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Wondering if there is a need to pre book as I would have thought the take up is likely to exceed the capacity?

It's a great initiative, all power to this and hope it's not a one off

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a great initiative, all power to this and hope it's not a one off

As per [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] article, they are not allowed to show games that are 3pm on a Saturday, so realistically, it will only be for mid-week games (that are not televised).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
One for the techies ... if they can manage a beam back to the Amex is there any reason why it couldn't be available more broadly through a PPV subscription of some kind? That could be a real money spinner I'd have thought

TV deals will likely be the reason they can't do it. There's no technical reason they can't, the big sports in the US all have online subscription sites. Pay for the NBA and it's a good service, allowing you to access the games live or archived for the whole season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
TV deals will likely be the reason they can't do it. There's no technical reason they can't, the big sports in the US all have online subscription sites. Pay for the NBA and it's a good service, allowing you to access the games live or archived for the whole season.

OK think I get that ... does seem a bit odd that if it's not being broadcast by TV why they shouldn't be able to get as much revenue as possible even if some has to flow back to the TV franchises. But like the US I'm sure it will all come in good time. The way TV is dominating everything perhaps the day will come where there are only virtual people in stadiums and the supporters watch through some live interactive TV :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
So to all the knockers of Barber et al and the club's attitude - BHA still has a heart. What a great gesture. Hope it's a sell out and sorry I cannot be there.

Agreed. Lovely gesture from the club, expecially when I'm sure they could have made quite a tidy sum in ticket, drink and fod sales. Now its just down to those in attendance to drink and eat as much as humanly posible to raise a healthy amount of cash ;-)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Driving down from Horsham ... can't see anything about parking. If anyone knows or has asked club and got answer please post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here