Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and playoff chasers final points total

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We were very lucky we caught them on an off night. They have some real quality in the ranks now ... Roofe, viera, doukara, jannson, bridcutt and Hernandez who is better than any player we have and has played over 100 games for Valencia as well as being a star for Swansea in the premier league. He is still only 31, I don't know how they managed to sign him.

They have good strength in depth as well with mowatt and Dallas

I'm not saying they are better than us but if we don't improve performances soon we could go on a bad run, we have been very lucky in the last couple of months.

Sorry, but that is abject nonsense, if we have been on a bad run, l'd hate to see us on a good run!

One defeat, and everyone seems to lose perspective, we have lost three games so far thios season, THREE!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agree about Monk, Monk at Swansea, and the threat of Leeds. They might do it this season, but they really will have to continue their (current) great run of form. The max points they can get is 108. I doubt they'll get as far as 90. The issue is whether we do.
Think Dunk and Stephens combined was the issue yesterday, but Preston are a good side, and we were due a defeat: I've witnessed two 2-1 away performances where we were pretty much second-best, but we still came away with six points; from the stats, and what WA and JC said on the radio we played well yesterday, but sometimes it happens.
Disagree about Dunk's bookings: that Fulham booking was a mistake in my view, as I've indicated on other threads.

Last season we were on 44 points after 25 games, Burnley on 42 http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table/2016-01-02

Middlesbrough were sort of where we are and they only just scaped it.

I haven't got an opinion on Dunk's Fulham card but I would have thought that Hughton would have authorised it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last season we were on 44 points after 25 games, Burnley on 42 http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table/2016-01-02

I haven't got an opinion on Dunk's Fulham card but I would have thought that Hughton would have authorised it?
Middlesbrough had alleged chair luzzing at the training ground and Karanka storming out, which cost them points for sure.

Let's hope Hughton keeps his cool.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't write off Huddersfield just yet. All but 3 of their away games are against teams in bottom half and I think all their games against other top 6 are at home

That said I've got Leeds 3rd and us a comfortable 2nd

#keepthefaith

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree that CH probably did authorise it. I find that to be a strange decision. Which just goes to show that CH is fallible IMHO; I also sometimes question the timing of his substitutions

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Strange old thread this. Why so much panic. At he end if the day we can only really worry about ourselves. Leeds look the best bet to join the top 2 along with Wednesday maybe who have made a couple of good signings so far.
A more realistic prospective if this thread is somewhere over the final 21/20 games Leeds need to find 6/7 or 9 points on the Albion depending on our match v Cardiff plus turn around their inferior goal difference. It's doable but over the past 10 games where everyone has been creaming themselves that massive Leeds are the form team and are snapping at our heels but over that period from what I can see we have put another point between us. I'd personally say they are playing out their skins and have gained no ground at all where we have struggled for 2 months if you listen to people who "know" what their talking about yet have increased the gap. So I'd think their players are thinking wtf have we got to do to get close to them come the end of the season.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
another 3 injuries for Newcastle yesterday, players away on national duty, and suspensions. Win our game in hand and Newcastle need to worry about Leeds more than us? Yes Leeds are a threat. But lets stop the panic and enjoy this. Another great season here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well our form indicates we should get around 100 points but do you really see that happening? This is from both overall form and also more recent form in the last ten games so we seem to be consistent.

So the premise of this thread is that everyone else's form is going to continue through the next 30 or so games but ours isn't?
Okay. :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My biggest fear for Leeds and the playoff chasers is how these teams will cope with us when we finally start hitting some form.

Imagine a game where March, Knockaert, Kayal & Stephens are at their best. Imagine Murray & Baldock in top form. Imagine Duffy & Dunk getting yet another clean sheet.

Norwich never recovered from the kicking we gave them - Wednesday are in the ring on Friday and they won't know what day of the week it is once we've finished with them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure what the argument is here. Leeds are looking very good at the moment and are definitely a threat to us.
However, we're still 9 points clear if we can beat Cardiff at home, that's a pretty big lead at this stage of the season. Our game at Elland road could be big

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here