Lee Richardson Speedway star dies!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A local lad from Hastings, for anyone that doesn't know. Raced for the Eastbourne Eagles in 2008. Always had time for the fans in the pits after meetings. A very sad loss to British Speedway. R.I.P. Lee

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Sad news. Unfortunately Speedway is a sport where danger is a constant. Safety has improved tremendously since the air fences were introduced, but accidents will still occur due to the speed and closeness of the riders - that is what makes the sport exciting. I remember a few years ago David Norris being launched over the fence on the back straight at Arlington into some sort of machinery. Looked horrific and was shocked when he got up after a bit of treatment and walked away. RIP Lee Richardson.

BTW, was there a particular need for the exclamation mark on the thread title?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Shocking news...It was only on Good Friday I saw Lee riding for Lakeside home and away against Eastbourne scoring 11 at home and 13 at Arlington..

R.I.P. Lee

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I got to know Lee and his brother when they moved up my way and he was a great guy. I'd heard something bad had happened through his brother but still totally shocked to hear the details this morning. I also remember Lee saying he was an occasional attendee at the Goldstone back in his Hastings days. RIP.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Was gutted when i heard this last night. Watched Lee ride many times here in the UK and abroad. A really nice down to earth bloke. Will be sadly missed by the speedway world. RIP Lee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports