Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Gregory

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It is patently ridiculous to claim that just because CMS and Baldock didn't work out for us we may as well not try again because it never will.
Agreed, just that whilst he may succeed (of course I hope he does), I'd rather than the better pedigree of a player like Pritchard. So would the club it would seem! It's much more of a punt for a player to step up than one coming down. Underwhelmed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Actually, you are saying that. Your opening post...

"Won't go in to detail but I think it's a done deal."

Weird one if true. He looks like Baldock. Neat and tidy but no great pace, average size, etc.

From a very close friend who is close to Millwall - I won't say where he got info but he feels it's a done deal and pretty gutted about it!

In future I won't bother making a thread. Just thought it might be of interest!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
From a very close friend who is close to Millwall - I won;t say where he got info but he feels it's a done deal and pretty gutted about it!

Don't shoot the messenger, just thought I would mention it seeing as it's a Brighton forum!
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gregory: Have you ever been in love? I'm in love.

Steve: Since when?

Gregory: This morning. I feel restless and dizzy. I bet I won't get any sleep tonight.

Steve: Sounds like indigestion.

Dorothy: Ah, parliamo italiano?

Gregory: No, not really. Just bella, bella.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
From a very close friend who is close to Millwall - I won't say where he got info but he feels it's a done deal and pretty gutted about it!

In future I won't bother making a thread. Just thought it might be of interest!

I'm teasing a little. Always worth spreading this kind of info.
Does seem strange though.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
In a relegated team and I believe his first full season after being signed from non league.

O'Grady got 15in 40 for a v poor Barnsley side in the year they got relegated from Championship. Considering the money that was available for bringing Pritchard in was never spent, most will see Gregory as an underwhelming signing, but considering how much the scouting dept have got right, he'll at least deserve our support in the short term if it were to happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
At least if he signs he hasn't been recruited by the moron that is David Burke, but it's hardly inspiring going from Pritchard to a league 1 striker.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Baldock and CMS were league one top scorers. This chap was 2nd top scorer. Wilson at Bouremouth was 2nd top scorer the year we signed Baldock I think. A good sign!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I guess that's why we served retaining Glenn Murray.

Difference being we didn't have to pay a penny for Murray, we could of just offered him a slightly improved contract and he was happy to stay. Since then we have spent about £5m on transfer fees alone for strikers from league 1 who don't score!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So we might be signing a player (not confirmed yet and only one source) and he's already written off. Strikers do come up from lower leagues to do well and our current scouting team did okay with Goldson, who while admittedly a different position, had only played a couple of games at this level when we signed him.

The suggestion on here seems to be we should only go for proven strikers, as we have failed with lower leagues goalscorers in the past. Well, proven Championship strikers cost a lot (more than Pritchard did as you see from Rhodes and McCormack) whereas if Gregory does come for £2 million, we may be able to bring another couple of players in as well. We'll see but why write someone off when we've not even signed them yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here