Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving early

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Okay.

So lets assume you don't go to every away game. Do you not celebrate an Albion goal if you don't see it?

I do go. And always stay until the end. Next................

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I do go. And always stay until the end. Next................

So you have never missed an Albion goal home or away. Congratulations.
My point is this, early leavers would prefer us to score and miss the goal than not.
Anyway I'm tired of these threads that complain about those that dont stay in their seats for 110minutes so I'm leaving this thread before the end.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So you have never missed an Albion goal home or away. Congratulations.
My point is this, early leavers would prefer us to score and miss the goal than not.
Anyway I'm tired of these threads that complain about those that dont stay in their seats for 110minutes so I'm leaving this thread before the end.

Bet you didn't leave early when we celebrated promotion, or perhaps you did and celebrated on your own, content on getting home before anyone else.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No. Those that stay can describe themselves as better supporters if they get pleasure from that. They are not bigger fans!
Makes me laugh when the stayers assume early leavers are gutted when we miss a last minute goal. They couldn't be more wrong, we just celebrate whilst running towards the trains.

What are you prattling on about now?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Do you know what really grinds my gears? Those idiots that arrive early to games and clog up the concourse. So selfish - don’t they think about the club and other fans at all?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Circumstances meant I wasn't at that game. A bit frustrating after waiting all those years. But just because I wasn't there didn't mean I wasn't over the moon!

Thought you had left.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No. Those that stay can describe themselves as better supporters if they get pleasure from that. They are not bigger fans!
Makes me laugh when the stayers assume early leavers are gutted when we miss a last minute goal. They couldn't be more wrong, we just celebrate whilst running towards the trains.

Now go and sit in the corner and think about what you've posted :dunce:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Post-Coventry, having left on the whistle, rather than queue (for a Lewes bound train), we walked to Moulescoomb station, which doesn't take long, and got on a relatively empty train. Saved standing around in the cold, got some exercise and got seats before the mob poured on at the Amex.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nah.

Early Leavers leave early to try and beat the queues.

Early Leavers run to try and beat other Early Leavers.

That's it plain and simple, any other excuse is just that. Each and every one will attempt justification and some will have a reasoned argument most though post very poor reasons.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I do find it ironic that the OP's name is Twickers. Now there's a stadium where it's impossible to get away quickly. The last time I went there, it took more than an hour just to reach the station, let alone catch a train (and that was with the ground only half full), it took about 80 minutes to actually get on a train.

It also took about 80 minutes to get on a train at the Madjeski ... the Amex is a doddle in comparison

Unless you're Alanis Morrisette, I'm not sure about the irony of a rugby stadium that has a capacity of 80,000 and was originally built in 1906.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I never find the trains much of a problem. Yesterday for example, left the ground on the final whistle, get in the train queue towards Lewes. Get on the platform and on a train about 5.10.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m in WSU and right in the middle of the block. If I was next to an aisle I could probably chance it.
It makes such a difference for us long distance fans, especially night fixtures. I usually park in the Bridge for the evening fixtures, leave as close to the final whistle as I dare, then run back to the car park. I know that sounds pathetic, but it’s the difference between getting home at 1am or 2am!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nah.

Early Leavers leave early to try and beat the queues.

Early Leavers run to try and beat other Early Leavers.

There will always be some who have 'valid' reasons for leaving early, such as a work shift etc. But otherwise most just want to avoid the queues, I agree. However it's a free country and people can do as they please.

From my perspective, it sends a bad message out to the players and must be disheartening as I know it's disheartening for those of us who are still in the ground. I like the OP as it is a fair point made that if there was something the club could possibly do to aid egress from the general area around the ground, it would certainly stop some of those who rush away to avoid the queues.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The point of leaving early is to avoid spending ages stuck in a queue. The reason people get stuck in a queue is because other people are ahead of you; therefore the time of leaving (and speed outside the ground) depends on how many other people are also leaving earlier than you.

The only way you can "win" is by leaving earlier than others, but this becomes an increasingly hopeless as the earlier people leave, the earlier you have to leave to make it 'worthwhile' (no-one wants to leave early, miss loads of the match and then be stuck in a queue anyway).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It makes such a difference for us long distance fans, especially night fixtures. I usually park in the Bridge for the evening fixtures, leave as close to the final whistle as I dare, then run back to the car park. I know that sounds pathetic, but it’s the difference between getting home at 1am or 2am!

Can't see anyone arguing with your point, it's more those that attempt justification that live close (by close I mean approx. 1 1/2 hour journey time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here