Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving before the full time whistle

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
How do we solve this issue with our fan base? 1-1 against Fulham and so many empty seats. I understand it's Sunday, weather is awful and getting home is important, but so is cheering on the team.

It's definitely a transport issue, can the club put more pressure on Southern to provide a better service post-match? I think the service is half decent and wonder if it wouldn't change people's habits. But after COVID, the fans are vital to players' performances at the end of a match. All I can say is credit to those who stay until the bitter end

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
How do we solve this issue with our fan base? 1-1 against Fulham and so many empty seats. I understand it's Sunday, weather is awful and getting home is important, but so is cheering on the team.

It's definitely a transport issue, can the club put more pressure on Southern to provide a better service post-match? I think the service is half decent and wonder if it wouldn't change people's habits. But after COVID, the fans are vital to players' performances at the end of a match. All I can say is credit to those who stay until the bitter end
I think you just answered your own question, right there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The only way it can be solved is with better transport. I cannot understand it, personally, never have done. I’ve left a couple of minutes early when 4-1 down to Everton with two young kids with me, but wouldn’t have dreamt of doing it at 1-1. It’s bizarre. But for some reason thousands of people are happy to shell out loads of money on match tickets / food and drink etc and plan their whole day around the game, but are OK with missing what is often the most exciting bit of it. I find it baffling, but clearly a proportion of football fans don’t.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
buses and coaches. it's impractical for the club to expect anything from rail, but can put on additional buses to Brighton and Lewes. could have a fleet parked up in the Uni grounds ready to go on or shortly after the final whistle.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The only way it can be solved is with better transport. I cannot understand it, personally, never have done. I’ve left a couple of minutes early when 4-1 down to Everton with two young kids with me, but wouldn’t have dreamt of doing it at 1-1. It’s bizarre. But for some reason thousands of people are happy to shell out loads of money on match tickets / food and drink etc and plan their whole day around the game, but are OK with missing what is often the most exciting bit of it. I find it baffling, but clearly a proportion of football fans don’t.
Against Ajax I was left with the choice of staying til the death and getting a train that would get me back to London for 12.40am, which would then require finding a £30 cab as the last tube would’ve run (and a 1.30am home time)…or leave on 88 and get back to London for 11.30pm, before a quick two stop tube journey. I have work the next morning. Supporters’ needs differ.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012

Out of interest, how long does it take you to travel home ?
Do you go to the concourse at half time on the whistle or before the whistle ?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Wasn’t there today, Op obviously doesnt have to get park and ride to Mill Road which is beyond sh*t since bendie buses have gone! its the choice of the individual when they leave not anyone else. Lots of Man City fans left early last Saturday so what’s the difference

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I left a minute into stoppage time. An Albion player passed the ball into touch, no cool heads. I thought a win incredibly unlikely.

Joined a queue in the rain for Mill Road. Will get home (just 2.5 miles away as the crow flies) an hour earlier and dry. Straight onto a DIY project :lol: and then a long enjoyable evening.

Always seems like I’m one of 10,000 to 15,000 of like minded others. Not said in sarcasm, I guess I’m not into live football as much as others. We’re all different.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You must have left early to write this, or written it whilst still in the ground in which case you weren't watching the game and may as well have left early
The game was still going on when it was posted! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here