Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Leavers and Returners 39-51

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Have you seen the half-time queues?

I pre-order half time drinks - one of the perks of 1901.:cool:

Don't miss a minute of the game, no rush of my drink, never miss start of second half.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wait a minute,aren't you the guy who started that thread on....... O I get it.However I am not offended/ bothered by people missing
chunks of the game for a pint or 5 as you are by early leavers.I'm just saying I don't get why a pint is more
important then a big chunk of the game.

Because half time is dull as anything. I didn't go for a beer at Chelsea because I couldn't be arsed and it reminded me how long the break is.

Very rare you do actually miss anything but it does puzzle me why they don't show the game on the screens on the concourse so those that want to have a pint can and still watch the game.

I'm also puzzled as to why its anyone's business other than the person involved. Liverpool game I missed Murray miss a sitter, them go up the other end and score and then us win a penalty. Only person that missed out was me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You know who you are.You leave at 39 for a pint and return 50+.Why?

Leavers at 88 have a decent excuse for missing part of the game but you have none.

P.S This is the first time in history a thread has been started on this subject on this site so
none of those 'Another thread on ......... insults ;)

As long as I don’t have to get up to let them in and out I couldn’t care less. I love the ones who stop in front of you on their way out if something exciting happens on the pitch. Selfish ****S

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because half time is dull as anything. I didn't go for a beer at Chelsea because I couldn't be arsed and it reminded me how long the break is.

Very rare you do actually miss anything but it does puzzle me why they don't show the game on the screens on the concourse so those that want to have a pint can and still watch the game.

I'm also puzzled as to why its anyone's business other than the person involved. Liverpool game I missed Murray miss a sitter, them go up the other end and score and then us win a penalty. Only person that missed out was me.

They do at Bolton. I remember being up there a few years ago (that game when Barnes tripped up the ref). We went in for a pint at half time, but it was so cuffing cold outside we stayed inside finishing our pints at a more leisurely pace whilst watching the game on their TV, before venturing back out for the rest of the 2nd half.

I suppose the reason we don't show it on the concourses is because the club wants bums back on seats for the start of the second half. Look at what happens at the Emirates - the entire middle tier is all but empty at the start of the second half as people hang back to finish quaffing their drinks whilst watching the game on the TV. I did it myself there this season - being as the beer was FREE (we'd ponced some free hospitality tickets to one of the lounges), I had 2 halftime pints, but was nowhere near through my 2nd when the second half started. So I propped up the bar watching the game on the telly, and wandered out just as Iwobi made it 2-0.

Modern football eh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I must confess this does baffle me more than the early leavers. The early leavers do at least have the excuse (lame though it is) that they need to get home for something, have small children so want to avoid the carnage etc. All the tripe we have heard before..

You can shove all that up your bottom. :bigwave::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They do at Bolton. .

And Burnley and Leicester. I missed an entire second half at Leicester some years ago, because we were enjoying the warmth and nosh in the concession area (and watching the game on the screen). I also missed an entire first half, at MASSIVE away (arrived late and decided to take advantage of the non existant queue for food) and again at Withdean (companion didn't fancy sitting in the rain so we went down the sea front for a bit, then went back for the second half). The one thing I refuse to do is sit in the car park queue for 40 minutes while the numpty stewards do eff all to sort out the right versus left turning traffic (car park 3). I have done it twice and will do it again only if I get fries with it. Anyone who thinks I am a bad fan - ha ha! Stew in your seething juicies, my irritable chums. Stew on :laugh::rock:punk::ascarf::jester::cheery::wozza::shrug::wrong::safeway::vuvu:

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
My first and only post on the subject....I do not understand why this bothers so many people?

Everyone has their own circumstance behind coming to and going from a game, some enjoy food and beers and a catch up at half/full time, some don't.

Just get on with whatever your doing. Everyone else will be just fine.
How the hell would these people of coped at the Goldstone or Withdean ,Pathetic wankers

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
How the hell would these people of coped at the Goldstone or Withdean ,Pathetic wankers

I think you'll find it's "have" not "of".

Good to know I'm a "pathetic wanker" for not sharing your opinion.

Oh and don't put capital letters in the middle of sentences if preceded by a misplaced comma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here