Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

league cup memories!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
This and the 1-0 win at Leicester in 1993 well done Stuart Munday.

2-0. Kurt Nogan scored as well. Also notable for Jimmy Case getting sent off for timewasting; allegedly he couldn't hear the ref telling him to get on with it, as he wasn't wearing his hearing aid.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
the run we had beating Portsmouth/Birmingham and then losing 3/2 against Wolves...all at home and as a lad who for one of them sat pitch side in south stand they bring back good memories

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That match with West Brom in 1976/77 again:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
the run we had beating Portsmouth/Birmingham and then losing 3/2 against Wolves...all at home and as a lad who for one of them sat pitch side in south stand they bring back good memories

I was there for the Wolves game - 12 yo. Think I was at front of west terrace. Packed in like sardines and a great atmosphere.
Great game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
|
2-0. Kurt Nogan scored as well. Also notable for Jimmy Case getting sent off for timewasting; allegedly he cerouldn't hear the ref telling him to get on with it, as he wasn't wearing his hearing aid.

Have we got the same game I know it was my 50th birthday and I had had plenty of drink but dont remember the other goal and Case getting sent off.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
|

Have we got the same game I know it was my 50th birthday and I had had plenty of drink but dont remember the other goal and Case getting sent off.

The Stuart Munday screamer game definitely finished 2-0 with Case getting sent off. Followed by us getting knocked out by Swindon.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wasn't that the season where, in two consecutive rounds of the League Cup, we were treated to the glorious sights of a) a post-match pitch invasion by a bloke in an invalid car and b) H Block stewards pulling some pissed-up bloke's false leg off while trying to eject him. Marvellous scenes! :lol:

Thanks for bringing back that memory to me.

Still remember watching that leg tumble down the stairs followed by a chorus of: 'You ripped off his leg, you ripped off his leg, you stupid b*stards, you ripped off his leg' or whatever it was.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
wolvesupplement.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for bringing back that memory to me.

Still remember watching that leg tumble down the stairs followed by a chorus of: 'You ripped off his leg, you ripped off his leg, you stupid b*stards, you ripped off his leg' or whatever it was.

I think that was about the funniest thing I ever saw at football. The way the stewards all just FROZE. You could see them thinking 'Shit, what do we do now?!' :eek:

The bloke was still effing and blinding away as he was led, hopping, round the running track :lolol:

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
This one, we were 2-1 up at half time against Wolves Derek Dougan et al, then Hugh Curran turned up for the visitors. Strange as it may seem our results against the Mighty Wolves after that night read
P14 W10 D3 L1
Our first defeat coming in Dec 92
The full head to head
P22 W13 D7 L2
Quite impressive eh!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
10 November 1981 away to Barnsley lost 1-4 as a Div 1 side to a lower league team. A long drive back.

Also that wonderful run from 1986/7 for about the next 15 seasons were every year bar one we went out in the first round we played in, usually to a team from a lower division.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
My first ever away game was on the coach to Wycombe Wanderers away the in the first round 2nd leg tie 20 years ago. After a last minute winner to take a 2-1 lead into the 2nd leg at Adams park, we played like absolute lords and romped home with a 3-1 win and we could have easily had ten. Junior McDougalds sumptuous chip after a fine Codner through ball was a highlight.

After that Leicester across two legs and then finally exiting to Tore andre Flo and Swindon after a Super Paul McCarthy kept us in the competition with an equiliser in the first game. Great days under Liam Brady, little did I know the shit was really going to hit the fan a year or so later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here