Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League 2 play off final: Plymouth v AFC Wimbledon

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Really pleased, just goes to prove that if you want a leauge football team do it the right way and respect follows you. No football fan will ever respect MK Dons not matter how long they exist. The real Dons are back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was quite happy to see Wimbledon do it, but that penalty situation and the whole Akinfenwa milking it left a sour taste. He basically admitted he only wanted to take it cos there was no pressure on it. Don't think you would've seen him grabbing for the ball if they were 1-0 down with something riding on the penalty.

I'm torn betweeen "He's a character, let him have his moment", and "What a cock, making the team's big moment all about him".

Can't make my mind up currently.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Akinfenwa's been released by AFC Wimbledon. What a time to tell him. At least let him enjoy tonight and the next few days. Very harsh.

Could do a job?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was on Plough Lane today. Had to go to Wickes (boo..) right outside the Greyhound stadium where hopefully they get to build the new ground.

The greyhound stadium is a dump. Have no interest in that sport but looks like the arse has dropped out of it. I read that the stadium would require public subsidy to survive.

Its right on the border of Wandsworth and the development has been called in so similarities with Falmer.

Big difference though, it definitely isn't an ANOB round there and need developing, not unlike Brentford are moving to.

Should take more interest. My local MP hasn't been that supportive. New one on the way so I'll think I'll write a letter.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was siding with Plymouth, like many on here I have discovered something of a soft spot for them over the years. Decent club, good support, nice ground, and a place I want to go back to if they ever climb their way back from the noddy leagues. They're far too big a club to be languishing in the 4th division.

They also provided one of the season highlights for me when they scored against the #twats in injury time in the 2nd leg to get to Wembley. Gotta love that.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Akinfenwa's been released by AFC Wimbledon. What a time to tell him. At least let him enjoy tonight and the next few days. Very harsh.

Could do a job?

I went to the game, my Wimbledon mates reckoned that it was Akinfenwa's people who leaked the news, not the club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I went to the game, my Wimbledon mates reckoned that it was Akinfenwa's people who leaked the news, not the club.

Sounds like this is being confirmed on radio 5 as I type, by the club's chief exec. With total respect and best wishes etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here