Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League 1 relegation battle 2009!

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
massive tomorrow night need to deal with a team short on confidence to give us 3 points and get us ready for tougher battles...! Scunny class at home so would love anything up there at the weekend !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
i have us being safe at 14th by the end of the season using the BBC predictor, finishing with 57 points:

(a) Wallsall - Win
(a) Scunthorpe - Draw
(h) Tranmere - Win
(a) MK Dons - Lose
(a) Hereford - Win
(h) Swindon - Win
(a) Colchester - Draw
(h) Oldham - - Draw
(a) Bristol Rovers - Win
(a) Huddersfield - Draw
(h) Stockport - Win

i am confident we can get the results now we have a decent manager, strikers who are fit!, and the team seems to have confidence.

Theres confident and theres "Over confident"
i like it, but come on we aint gonna win that many,even if slade is the second coming !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
as i asked in the adminstration thread, if stockport go into admin do they get points deducted therefore dragging them into it ???

ps tony the pony, got tickets to see mozza in the east end cant wait.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
as i asked in the adminstration thread, if stockport go into admin do they get points deducted therefore dragging them into it ???

ps tony the pony, got tickets to see mozza in the east end cant wait.

No they won't, they'd still be about 10 points ahead.

EDIT, actually 11 points as it stands at the moment.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Theres confident and theres "Over confident"
i like it, but come on we aint gonna win that many,even if slade is the second coming !

i need to kid myself somehow. to stop me thinking about how bad this season has been. they are more my estimates of what i thought we should get before the season started... back when i saw promotion as the aim. but those results get us to 57 points. so thats what i'm holding out for! definate safety!!! :rolleyes:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
(a) Wallsall - Win
(a) Scunthorpe - Loss
(h) Tranmere - Win
(a) MK Dons - Lose
(a) Hereford - Draw
(h) Swindon - Win
(a) Colchester - Draw
(h) Oldham - - Lose
(a) Bristol Rovers - Draw
(a) Huddersfield - Win
(h) Stockport - Lose

I think we have the toughest run in swindon are a big threat to our survival i believe with there run in i think they have to be favourites to stay up

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Bit of a cliche but we've got too take each game as it comes. Look at Scunthorpe away in the same way as Swindon at home. Every games a 6 pointer.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hope we can get at least 15 points and possibly nearer 20 from those 11 games ... that would be enough for survival I hope

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Swindon have some massive games in there!!
Hopefully a few draws in the big 6 pointers

I can see(and hope) northampton going down, they have some very tough games in there,eg leeds away, mk dons, scunthorpe, as well as games against yeovil, orient and hereford

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody is missing out my favourites for us to overtake Orient who are on a good run that will not continue. 7 points above us played 2 games more got some bottom teams to play.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
This division is so unpredictable, no one can tell who's going to win any game. Any team could win any game !

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
i have us being safe at 14th by the end of the season using the BBC predictor, finishing with 57 points:

(a) Wallsall - Win
(a) Scunthorpe - Draw
(h) Tranmere - Win
(a) MK Dons - Lose
(a) Hereford - Win
(h) Swindon - Win
(a) Colchester - Draw
(h) Oldham - - Draw
(a) Bristol Rovers - Win
(a) Huddersfield - Draw
(h) Stockport - Win

i am confident we can get the results now we have a decent manager, strikers who are fit!, and the team seems to have confidence.
You are in fantasy world with those predictions:laugh:

Yeovil look a good bet with 7 home games,sadly unless we are actually starting to improve then we will be down looking at that.Lets hope we are improving:glare:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
well i done the BBC predictor thingy, and it turned out we finished 6th :albion2:

admittedly i did have every other team drawing ALL their remaining fixtures 0-0
and us winning ALL ours 5-0

:jester:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I dont understand why a lot of people on this thread seem convinced that Yeovil will stay up. Ok they have a favorable run in, but on current form they are the worst team in this division atm. I think the bottom for will be:

Northampton
Yeovil
Hereford
Cheltenham.

I dont think our run-in is that tricky. Apart from Scunny and Mk dons, I could see us picking up points in every other game (exept maybe stockport) Oldham have just lost their manager so may be in dissaray, and Tranmere are not to good away from home. We have a lot of winnable games there. I'd be more worried if I was a Yeovil or Northampton fan.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Honestly, I think it's going to be tight. I think Northampton are rubbish, and Yeovil obviously are aswell. So I hope they both drop like a stone into that bottom 4. I want us to stay up with Swindon, I think that we both contribute more to the league in general so I would hope we can pull clear. But anything can happen now and it's so unpredictable it's almost untrue. Hold on to your seats, ladies and gentlemen...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here