Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Leadership' 'election' 'debates'

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Not really, though you can dramatise it if it makes you feel better. With the opinion polls that are frequently put up on here, i would assume that UKIP are in third place, well above the liberals, so they and the Greens should be represented surely.

"how many seats do you think UKIP will get at the general election?"........If i was clairvoyant and knew, i would be straight down the bookies.
I suspect that SNP will win the third most seats

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I suspect that SNP will win the third most seats

As you will note in my post that you responded to, i put " With the opinion polls that are frequently put up on here, i would assume that UKIP are in third place". Seats were not put in the polls only percentage of voters, in which case they normally run about 30%+ for Labour and Conservative, and around 16% for Ukip.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As you will note in my post that you responded to, i put " With the opinion polls that are frequently put up on here, i would assume that UKIP are in third place". Seats were not put in the polls only percentage of voters, in which case they normally run about 30%+ for Labour and Conservative, and around 16% for Ukip.

Does this mean that you're in favour of proportional representation. UKIP are, or at the very least, were. I suspect that's just a pieced of political expediency, as PR isn't really their bag.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
This seems as good a place as any to leave this...

Finally some straight talking from the Tories and Farage. :moo:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I feel like I'm missing something with the debates. Whilst it's obviously an interesting thing to watch, we vote for MP's at a local level as opposed to directly for the PM. It's just going to be the left beating the right (and vice-versa) with the same sticks they normally do.

The thing is, whilst we are supposed to be voting for our local candidate, no matter how much you think that, there are many, many people who are voting for who they want, or don't want, in number ten, therefore they pit their X on the box of the candidate whose leader is the one they want. My local MP is utter gash, but there's no way he'd ever be voted out, because the electorate round here wouldn't ever vote for the other side. Marginal seats are different but stronghold seats, well they could put your granny or a performing marmoset up, and they'd get voted in.

As for the TV debates, IMO they are sad, sensationalising cack imported from the other side of the ocean, they have no place in UK politics, they shouldn't have any place in any democracy. Elections are serious stuff, to have some jumped up tv journo making a name for himself by taunting and trying to catch out people with far more important jobs than his, is really quite sad, and unnecessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here