Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Le Tour de France

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Pogačar cracking, needs to be digging deep into his suitcase of courage here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was very early to be calling such a long race. And it still will be. Today's racing real evidence of what a clean race looks like. Lots of drama, form coming and going. It was brutal and so it proved.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It was very early to be calling such a long race. And it still will be. Today's racing real evidence of what a clean race looks like. Lots of drama, form coming and going. It was brutal and so it proved.

This is coming up tomorrow... :lolol:

S12.jpg

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is coming up tomorrow... :lolol:

And you could see it being blown apart again. Jumbo worked incredibly hard, all of them, from the Telegraph onward, constantly attacking. Interesting to see what form they have tomorrow.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
And you could see it being blown apart again. Jumbo worked incredibly hard, all of them, from the Telegraph onward, constantly attacking. Interesting to see what form they have tomorrow.

Yep, everyone will be spent from today's effort. I suspect a bit of truce until the Alpe, and then a battle of the least tired!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
These days are often followed by a low key day, even in the mountains, with everyone recovering.

The Eurosport line of Jumbo-Visma knackered tomorrow, Pogacar exacting payback, doesn’t take into account the price he paid too.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, everyone will be spent from today's effort. I suspect a bit of truce until the Alpe, and then a battle of the least tired!

Thomas looks like he's quietly bringing himself into contention. He's put the effort in, but not the explosive attacks or chasing the Jumba/UEA boys have had to do. Yates saved his legs too, and Pidcock looks okay. I wonder if Ineos might be a team to pull something out of the hat tomorrow.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The GC now looks the most exciting it’s been in years.

What a difference a day makes!

I think the main difference is that Roglič has now lost a big chunk of time (+14mins), so Pogačar (and others), don't need to worry about him as much.

As [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] points out, Ineos have kept their powder driest so far of the big teams and have two riders only 2 and 3 minutes down. Also, just seen the TT is a 40 km flat affair, nice for Thomas, although that's in 10 days...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the main difference is that Roglič has now lost a big chunk of time (+14mins), so Pogačar (and others), don't need to worry about him as much.

As @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=16159" target="_blank">Bold Seagull</a></u> points out, Ineos have kept their powder driest so far of the big teams and have two riders only 2 and 3 minutes down. Also, just seen the TT is a 40 km flat affair, nice for Thomas, although that's in 10 days...

Worth a reminder of when G is in fabulous form...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a stage!

Absolutely brilliant racing.

Race well and truly on now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was adequate.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Expecting a low key day from the GC contenders today after yesterdays monuMENTAL efforts, with maybe a few digs from some on the upper slopes of Alpe d'Huez to take back a few seconds here and there.

Bastille Day + Galibier + Croix de Fer + Alpe d'Huez = Thibaut Pinot Time! :thumbsup:

9ad776f_c8a5f13b03eb4afbbb7a82c5900f0653-c8a5f13b03eb4afbbb7a82c5900f0653-0.jpg

Disclaimer: Today's prediction is purely from the heart, and not the head.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Expecting a low key day from the GC contenders today after yesterdays monuMENTAL efforts, with maybe a few digs from some on the upper slopes of Alpe d'Huez to take back a few seconds here and there.

Bastille Day + Galibier + Croix de Fer + Alpe d'Huez = Thibaut Pinot Time! :thumbsup:

View attachment 149692

I don't think Pog does low key racing, whatever the situation. From the very first minute he appeared in the pro peloton I've seen him do nothing but race. He's another WVA and MVDP. He just can't help himself. Brilliant to watch!

I'll like to see a Pinot stage win too though. :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Franck Bonnamour to be the Bastille Day hero today?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
OMG! He is human.

Just watched yesterday's highlights.

But what a lovely guy Pogacar is. So gracious and honest about himself and other riders.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

View attachment 149692

Romain Bardet day &#55357;&#56397;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here