Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Le Tour de France

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tues/Weds/Thurs will be brutal, Pogacar will no doubt test Vingegaard throughout.

2AC4AD19-6D89-4C83-A901-ABA0E9AD61C1.png

2613B9D1-1018-4E98-8AD5-9F84DB5DCD77.png

AC113CD6-9A59-4DB0-9B71-98075508098E.png
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] country?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Tues/Weds/Thurs will be brutal, Pogacar will no doubt test Vingegaard throughout.

View attachment 149943

View attachment 149944

View attachment 149945
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] country?

It is indeed.

My place is in Quillan, which had it's first ever TdF Stage Finish last year, at a time when we could not travel to France due to Covid. :angry:

I have cycled many of the roads on Monday's stage, and will be doing so in a week or so. Great timing. Loads of my friends are cycling to watch the tour tomorrow.

Thursday's stage ends with the climb to Hautacam, which is brutal. I cycled L'etape du Tour in 2014, from Pau to Hautacam via Le Tourmalet. An unforgettable experience.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is indeed.

My place is in Quillan, which had it's first ever TdF Stage Finish last year, at a time when we could not travel to France due to Covid. :angry:

I have cycled many of the roads on Monday's stage, and will be doing so in a week or so. Great timing. Loads of my friends are cycling to watch the tour tomorrow.

Thursday's stage ends with the climb to Hautacam, which is brutal. I cycled L'etape du Tour in 2014, from Pau to Hautacam via Le Tourmalet. An unforgettable experience.

Cycling or otherwise, have you ever visited the Cirque de Gavernie? I’ve always thought it looks stunning.

94760E37-F7B9-4B6C-8248-55D33EAD0021.png

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
There’s a fantastic walk I’ve done here. You walk up quite a challenging route, including some scrambling, tothe Cirque wall and eventually reach a huge gap in the wall - the Breche de Roland - the myth is it was hewn by his sword. When you stand there, on one side the view is the lush greenness of France, on the other the completely contrasting barren brown Spain - absolutely stunning.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There’s a fantastic walk I’ve done here. You walk up quite a challenging route, including some scrambling, tothe Cirque wall and eventually reach a huge gap in the wall - the Breche de Roland - the myth is it was hewn by his sword. When you stand there, on one side the view is the lush greenness of France, on the other the completely contrasting barren brown Spain - absolutely stunning.

Looks amazing. With glaciers, before they finally disappear.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another exciting stage in prospect today. This time a will it/won't it break battle with GC.
The descent finish spices things up nicely. Pog will definitely try something and he could extend any lead at the top of the last climb on the final descent. I'd love to see a Bardet special if he can hang with the big guns on the final climb.

I'd say Mohoric would have been a banker from the break on this stage, but he generally doesn't cope well with heat.
I'll go for Bonnamour to bag one for the French instead then, although I'd prefer it to be Bardet.

Hoping we get to see plenty Pidcock descent action too.

Oh, and the following are DNS's today:

Kamna, Fuglsang, Cherel, Paret-Pientre.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Another exciting stage in prospect today. This time a will it/won't it break battle with GC.
The descent finish spices things up nicely. Pog will definitely try something and he could extend any lead at the top of the last climb on the final descent. I'd love to see a Bardet special if he can hang with the big guns on the final climb.

I'd say Mohoric would have been a banker from the break on this stage, but he generally doesn't cope well with heat.
I'll go for Bonnamour to bag one for the French instead then, although I'd prefer it to be Bardet.

Hoping we get to see plenty Pidcock descent action too.

Ned reporting that its a LOT cooler and overcast in the Pyrenees this morning...:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might go and see Ned LIVE as he's playing Horsham in November.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Didn't take them long to sort that one out!

Guaranteed break win then with the GC battle behind.

Just hope they do the split screen coverage well enough.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another beautiful stage win for a rider from the peloton that thoroughly deserves it.

Chapeau Hugo Houle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here