Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lazio Friendly

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think they will alternate as when fit BZ and Hemed did. 1 start then replaced by the other on 65 mins when tiring.
I think they'll start with Murray and Hemed, and sub with Baldock when one tires.

I'm a fan of both H&M, and would not want to see one on the bench for extended periods. Baldock might be the fastest runner, but he's certainly the least talented striker. Good positional play pulls defences apart, just as much as running.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think they'll start with Murray and Hemed, and sub with Baldock when one tires.

I'm a fan of both H&M, and would not want to see one on the bench for extended periods. Baldock might be the fastest runner, but he's certainly the least talented striker. Good positional play pulls defences apart, just as much as running.

Is Baldock quick enough? It does not seem so to me.

Open question: who is our quickest player? Acceleration and it is still Lualua. I think Manu is quite quick over short distances. In breakaways an accurate pass is quicker than running with the ball. Who is best at running into space (like Lualua is reluctant to do)? Or collecting the ball on the half turn and outrunning the defender or running into pace off the shoulder of a defender (Vardy style).

Knockaert is not that quick although he is quick in thought, James Wilson was not outstandingly quick. Teixeira did not set the world alight with his pace. Or timing their runs.

It is very difficult to judge the pace of a player, even when seeing them live. e.g: who is the fastest in the Premier League? Perennial question.

When faced with a speed merchant the opposition try to stop him getting the ball. So he cannot hang out on the wing (like Buckley sometimes and Walcott when he plays for England) being a waste of a player. He certainly needs to play the CMS or Baldock role, getting involved. I thought that CMS was quicker than Baldock?

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Open question: who is our quickest player? Acceleration and it is still Lualua. I think Manu is quite quick over short distances. In breakaways an accurate pass is quicker than running with the ball. Who is best at running into space (like Lualua is reluctant to do)? Or collecting the ball on the half turn and outrunning the defender or running into pace off the shoulder of a defender (Vardy style).

Knockaert is not that quick although he is quick in thought, James Wilson was not outstandingly quick. Teixeira did not set the world alight with his pace. Or timing their runs.

It is very difficult to judge the pace of a player, even when seeing them live. e.g: who is the fastest in the Premier League? Perennial question.

When faced with a speed merchant the opposition try to stop him getting the ball. So he cannot hang out on the wing (like Buckley sometimes and Walcott when he plays for England) being a waste of a player. He certainly needs to play the CMS or Baldock role, getting involved. I thought that CMS was quicker than Baldock?

FFSAKE :moo:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

He appears to be quicker than Hemed and Murray. I guess KLL is probably the quickest over all.

Whilst we seem able to recruit good 'targetman' strikers in recent times, I can't remember the last quick, skillful forward that we've had.

was it only me that found the repetitive singing from the north east corner a little too much and slightly cringe worthy? I love an atmosphere but it was only a warm up game.

Probably only you, I find a lot of things "slightly cringe worthy" they usually include me soiling myself after about 18 pints, waking up next to some girl I had pulled to find I had pissed the bed was one such moment. I congratulate you that your threshold is a few kids singing at a "warm up game"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Hemed and Murray sounds good, and might be good for some opposition, but theres just not enough pace and be a bit one dimensional for defenders. theres also the defensive arrangment, one forward drops off deep to make an extra man in midfield. neither Hemed or Murray are likely to adjust to that, neither would i want them to. i'd rather see Murray playing coming off the bench to see out close games and start every few games to give Hemed a rest so he can turn in 20 goals.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Probably only you, I find a lot of things "slightly cringe worthy" they usually include me soiling myself after about 18 pints, waking up next to some girl I had pulled to find I had pissed the bed was one such moment. I congratulate you that your threshold is a few kids singing at a "warm up game"

Top post Dr N and sentiments shared, although the fact that both of you thickos insist on splitting cringeworthy in half for no apparent reason I do find 'slightly cringeworthy'

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

thicko!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Just to satisfy my curiosity 'cringeworthy' came up automatically on my spell check, so I've really got no excuse, The shame I'm now feeling is on par with one of my pissy/shitty pants antics of my younger years

you don't need to uppercase the T after a comma.

"excuse, The"

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

not kids....grown adults (5 or 6 men and 1 woman). It just seemed a little out of place and sounded annoying!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here