Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ++++ latest odds ++++

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Steve Clarke been backed today with Coral who have gone 6's from 16's.

Yes with all the favourites on Corals drifting out, blue boxes are the odds shortening and red drifting out, Coral's could have done a review

Attachments

• odds 11.jpg
    odds 11.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 315

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The head of football at Corals is a mate, he is updating me on significant moves. Sherwood been the buzzer so far but today's mover has been Clarke.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bloom really wanted Tim Sherwood then the deal should already be sealed. The fact it isn't makes me wonder.

The betting markets give you an idea of where they see Tim Sherwood in terms of the pecking order - the fact he has shown a lot stronger in the Championship team markets (currently favourite to be next boss of us and Blackburn, joint favourite for Bournemouth). It's a tricky decision for Sherwood - he's said he wants to get back into management quickly but he's got a year's salary from Spurs AND he'd be a good candidate to come in to a team that's floundering in the autumn with his track record at Spurs and his ability to shake things up.

If I were him I'd be tempted to sit tight until October/November when things might open up for him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Done a great job at Ipswich and would be a great manager here.
Far better than some mentioned on here and would get my vote

What about the fact he is a footballing dinosaur and his PL record is rancid. It would be a move in a comopletely different direction to the way we've been going, from cultured technical players to hard workers with no ability who 'put a shift in'.

No thanks.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
What about the fact he is a footballing dinosaur and his PL record is rancid. It would be a move in a comopletely different direction to the way we've been going, from cultured technical players to hard workers with no ability who 'put a shift in'.

No thanks.

Agree. Know a few Ipswich fans who respect his record at the club but HATE his 'lump it and see' style of football. It's effective (their league position proves that) but it's a heavy price to pay for success. After all, football is meant to be entertaining innit?

A polite 'no thanks' from me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, because the football we played under Oscar was just so entertaining!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Bloom really wanted Tim Sherwood then the deal should already be sealed. The fact it isn't makes me wonder.

The betting markets give you an idea of where they see Tim Sherwood in terms of the pecking order - the fact he has shown a lot stronger in the Championship team markets (currently favourite to be next boss of us and Blackburn, joint favourite for Bournemouth). It's a tricky decision for Sherwood - he's said he wants to get back into management quickly but he's got a year's salary from Spurs AND he'd be a good candidate to come in to a team that's floundering in the autumn with his track record at Spurs and his ability to shake things up.

If I were him I'd be tempted to sit tight until October/November when things might open up for him.

Surely the same could be said of Clarke, Hughton etc and all the out of work managers... why would sherwood already be done if he wanted him ?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
we probably have a shortlist of three-five potential candidates. We will make offers in descending order, as we see it, and our first choice may decide he is no longer interested or is weighing up against another offer. Like Clement, they may be in no rush to take the first offer, or any, perhaps. Who knows?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely the same could be said of Clarke, Hughton etc and all the out of work managers... why would sherwood already be done if he wanted him ?

Not the same because Sherwood hasn't got the same level of experience as those other two, and would be more likely to accept if offered right now. Hughton is second favourite for the West Brom job, he's probably seeing how things pan out on that front before he'd even entertain the idea of the Brighton job..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was wondering the same thing about Clarke, it would be the sort of reaction if he'd been interviewed today.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would any interviews be carried out at the Amex? Surely not if we wish to remain out of the media and NSC spies.

Would have thought they would have gone down the hotel route. Most clubs do, for precisely that reason.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I was at the Amex today, perhaps the bookies misheard that a Clarke was there so shortened the odds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here