Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What a difference a day, (and a few fivers), makes

dddd.JPG

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Does Ibrahim Tanko have any BHA connection? He was on the betting list last year and here he is again. Seems a bit 'left field'.

Or is this a case of someone (NSCer maybe) lumping a few quid on to see how they can affect the market?

If Tanko is appointed and takes us to the Prem then whoopee:smile:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
These markets are so volatile, really don't know why I bother although did have to do a few quid on Clement at 28s purely on value grounds.

Plunging price on Hughton indicates he is on shortlist and/or has had an interview and wants the job from his side, but also that he hasn't a) been offered and b) accepted the job, or he'd be even shorter.

Sherwood price indicates he was always on the shortlist and that leaked and there was a lot of early money for him, which means the price will only radically drift when there is concrete news about someone else.

Clement price was initially affected by a lot of Brighton-based punters (correctly) seeing him as having hallmarks of a Bloom appointment. The fact he has stayed low indicates he too is on shortlist. Unless Bloom/Barber have flown out to Spain (very possible), seems unlikely he would have had an interview in this country yet with such a big game looming for Real Madrid.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
These markets are so volatile, really don't know why I bother although did have to do a few quid on Clement at 28s purely on value grounds.

Plunging price on Hughton indicates he is on shortlist and/or has had an interview and wants the job from his side, but also that he hasn't a) been offered and b) accepted the job, or he'd be even shorter.

Sherwood price indicates he was always on the shortlist and that leaked and there was a lot of early money for him, which means the price will only radically drift when there is concrete news about someone else.

Clement price was initially affected by a lot of Brighton-based punters (correctly) seeing him as having hallmarks of a Bloom appointment. The fact he has stayed low indicates he too is on shortlist. Unless Bloom/Barber have flown out to Spain (very possible), seems unlikely he would have had an interview in this country yet with such a big game looming for Real Madrid.

I don't think these odds mean anyone is on any short list. They just mean a handful of punters have bet on them. It's a very small market where just a few bets make a difference.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think these odds mean anyone is on any short list. They just mean a handful of punters have bet on them. It's a very small market where just a few bets make a difference.

While that is true up to a point, reacting to money placed is only one aspect it is wrong to say the price isn't affected by who is or isn't on shortlist/had interviews. That is hard information, the sort the bookmakers really need to set odds.

The knowledge that someone had an interview would certainly affect the price. When it gets really volatile is when people are offered the job (price plummets) and then turn it down (soars). This has happened at Brighton before, and bookies with their contacts get to hear this stuff pretty quickly.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I doubt very much that Paul Clement has been interviewed yet.

The fact there has not been an appointment (or even rumours of an appointment) so far must be a big positive to his chances.

Hughton shortening dramatically in the betting suggests to me he has been interviewed, it went pretty well and he wants the job.

But while Clement remains short in the betting, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the man Brighton fancy and will be interviewed soon after Saturday's CL final.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Gotta laugh ain't you, since the ITK topic about Hughton he's gone from 10s to 7/4.

Think a fair few in that topic have put a fiver on him, shortened the odds with the market being so sensitive due to the lack of money being invested in it and then convincing themselves its true because the odds are shortening :bowdown:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sure enough, Neil Lennon straight in as fourth favourite at only 10-1 after news today he's leaving Celtic...

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
PC still good odds against despite many fair bets today and having drifted in recent days. The liabilities on Sherwood and Hughton will be supporting the balance on these, will be interesting to monitor now that 'the word is out on the street'

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sure enough, Neil Lennon straight in as fourth favourite at only 10-1 after news today he's leaving Celtic...

I would be surprised if that happens, he has just left a club on the grounds the budget was not enough for him, and they massively out bid us for the Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk last summer.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I doubt very much that Paul Clement has been interviewed yet.

The fact there has not been an appointment (or even rumours of an appointment) so far must be a big positive to his chances.

Hughton shortening dramatically in the betting suggests to me he has been interviewed, it went pretty well and he wants the job.

But while Clement remains short in the betting, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the man Brighton fancy and will be interviewed soon after Saturday's CL final.

If he is interested he'll have been interviewed. It's been 10 days since Garcia officially left.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think that if he had been interviewed there would definitely be some snippets emerging from the press, here or Spain....the bookies always get wind if nobody else does. I find it hard to believe that such a high profile individual at Real Madrid could keep it all under wraps completely.......but of course there is always a first time..........telling point for me is that PC and RM haven't come out to deny any interest, especially given the uncertainty around ZZ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here