Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Sunday Gus said......".....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Manager in "not giving away too much to the opposition" shocker!

Tanno said Vicente would "probably be on the bench". Gus said "Ulloa is very tired" before last night and yet he was on for the duration.

Like some people on here, sometimes the management at BHAFC don't actually mean what they say.

One other thought is that I'm quite impressed you've managed a post that DOESN'T slag off Ashley Barnes. Well done. :albion2:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Whats your point somerset?
He said one thing, did another, we needed a goal, CMS stayed on the bench, we had one sub left to make,..... that is all.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Manager in "not giving away too much to the opposition" shocker!

Tanno said Vicente would "probably be on the bench". Gus said "Ulloa is very tired" before last night and yet he was on for the duration.

Like some people on here, sometimes the management at BHAFC don't actually mean what they say.

One other thought is that I'm quite impressed you've managed a post that DOESN'T slag off Ashley Barnes. Well done. :albion2:
Sorry if my views offend your rose tinted sensibilities, shall I change my approach to suit you???.... answer:.. like fook I will.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Maybe Toby should be given a chance from the bench
Now this is a good point ( unlike the some of the empty responses above)..... this guy made good progress last year, was given another contract, and then stayed in the DS.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sorry if my views offend your rose tinted sensibilities, shall I change my approach to suit you???.... answer:.. like fook I will.

Where did I ever say I was offended? You asked for thoughts, I gave mine.

Rose-tinted? Not really. I just happen to have a different opinion of a player to you. You make that opinion clear on a very regular basis, that's all :shrug:

To be honest, I think we all get the message.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps Gus decided that CMS would not be ideal against Blackburn's type of defenders?

Two goals in the last 15 games suggests he is lacking confidence in front of goal, and therefore an alternative approach would be better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can't see the point of the DS if they never get a chance ... JFC is another showed real promise last season but not seen this one , surely a bench warmer at least

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You started a thread just make that point?
I asked for views ( you know, a discussion board), just highlighting the conflict between what he said on Sunday and what he did on Tuesday.... nothing more, nothing less.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps Gus decided that CMS would not be ideal against Blackburn's type of defenders?

Two goals in the last 15 games suggests he is lacking confidence in front of goal, and therefore an alternative approach would be better.
I certainly thought he may have been given 10-15 last night to seek that all important winner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As has also been pointed out Taricco also said, on Monday, that Vicente would be better coming off the bench.

It has been clear for a long time that Poyet believes in keeping the opposition guessing until the moment they see his team sheet an hour before kick-off. Players injured or not, players receiving international clearance or not - he'll keep anything under wraps, if he can, to try and gain an advantage.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I certainly thought he may have been given 10-15 last night to seek that all important winner.

I agree, perhaps he was not 100% in training and therefore Gus wanted his fully fit for next Tuesday at Cardiff.

It wasn't as if we were not taking chances last night, we have been unlucky this season with keepers have blinding performances against us.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It wasn't as if we were not taking chances last night, we have been unlucky this season with keepers have blinding performances against us.
You are not wrong there, it seems as though they all have MOM performances, is it something to do with the big crowd, big atmosphere that 'gees' them up? Appletion mentioned the crowd and atmosphere in his interview somewhere, may be a factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here