Last Summer!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
And we would be playing Div 1 football now:glare:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We wouldn't have gone on a 12 game 0 points run, that is for certain.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Who knows Icy? We were shite for those 12 games, but when we started to pull it around the FA gave us Phillip Prosser, so we may well have still found a way. And don't forget Hinshelwood was responsible for discovering the genius that was Graham "Goal Machine" Barrett.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dtes,

There is no way a manager like SC would lose that many on the trot. This is the man whose team suffered a 9-0 defeat at Anfield and then went on a run that ended up in a cup final (I think?)

SC wouldn't have let so many kids loose in the first team and Rodger and Blackwell would probably have been signed up early. Kitson wouldn't have been signed and nor would Butters, both panic buys by DK/Hinshelwood - take your pick.

In fact this thread is making me get irritated that we aren't still in Div 1, where we would've been if DK had bothered to get back to SC and offer him the job last June:mad:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I know mate, we probably would still be in Division 1, but if we get Falmer, and see that DK's efforts were concentrated in the right department then all will be forgotten. Especially when we reclaim the Division 2 title this year.

Brizzle were going to be our main contenders I reckon, until they sold Murray. Although, with Harty they'll still be up there... ;)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
DTES said:
I Although, with Harty they'll still be up there... ;)

Probably get a hatrick against us too:(

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I honestly think it will be a season of consolidation, finishing just out oif the playoffs. The league is a lot stronger now than it was when we won it. Barnsey, Sheff Wed, Grimbo, Rushden, Bristol and QPR are all teams that have a chance

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
You cannot seriously think we'll finish below Grimsby? And it's down to 8th now with the new playoffs.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
What makes you think we will be above Grimsby, they beat us at home last season and then with everything to play for on the last day held us to a draw.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Herne Hill Seagull said:
That play-off idea wasn't ratified, DTES, so it ain't happening.

Oh well, apart from lowering our chances, I can't say I'm upset. Never in favour of it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here